“best sushi in the area”
Review of Fusion Restaurant

Fusion Restaurant
Ranked #8 of 94 Restaurants in Cockeysville
Reviewed July 15, 2014

was reluctant to go in from the former reputations of the place but finally decide d to give a try and am glad we did. Now it is our go to sushi place! love the garlic edamame

1  Thank Estellecon

Reviewed February 26, 2014

First off, I think the profile photo is wrong.

Secondly, I think this place is great and want to give it a great review but I have to communicate a frustration:

I stopped in around 3:30PM for a late lunch on a recommendation from a friend (he was planning to join me for a drink around 4). He had told me that the sushi is excellent and that they have some great lunch and happy hour specials. While I quickly realized I had missed the lunch specials, I was not told that happy hour had started. Starving, I ordered 2 rolls and some miso soup from the regular menu without even asking.

The place was pretty empty as to be expected this time of day (maybe 8 or so other people) so my food arrived pretty quickly. I began enjoying some of the freshest and best sushi I have ever eaten and my friend arrived shortly after. He immediately inquired if I had ordered from the happy hour menu and I explained that I had not. The server then returned with a menu for him, along with a happy hour menu with all sorts of discounted rolls and appetizers. Although a little annoyed, I thoroughly enjoyed my meal and his sushi and soup looked amazing too.

The place is more like a sports bar than a typical sushi restaurant. There are large hi-def tvs all around, a variety of tables around the perimeter of the room and a square shaped bar in the middle with plenty of seating (surrounding the 2 sushi chefs and the alcohol). I found it a little odd that even though you sit at the bar there is really no bartender. The servers take your order from behind and then go behind the bar to make the drinks, returning with them and serving from behind you. Not a big deal as service was attentive and quick, but worth a mention (maybe because there were no glass sushi refers cases, just not sure???).

By the time I left at 5:30 PM the place was getting crowded. The sushi was excellent and I can't wait to go back (I am certain I will add the 5th star at that time, as long as I get my happy hour menu!).

1  Thank chrisfrombaltimore
Reviewed January 4, 2014

I've gotten food from here twice. Once was take out and the other was dine in. This place is located in the old Village Inn. I didn't try this place sooner because I associated it with the Village Inn for some reason. Big mistake. The menu is as imaginative as it is large. They have something for everyone even if you don't like Asian food or sushi. I was surprised to see that they had burgers and chicken fingers on their menu. I guess that is the fusion aspect of their name. This is good for me because now I can bring my family who does not enjoy sushi or Asian food as much as I do. I say Asian food because they have food from quite a few different Asian countries and not just Japanese and Chinese. Their food prices are reasonable. The only downside is that I prefer the BYOB places to save some cash on the alcoholic beverages that go well with sushi. Having a beer or two with your meal really seems to jack up the bill. I would think it's almost advantageous to be a BYOB restaurant these days especially if you like to go out for sushi as often as I do.

2  Thank John A