“Great Find in a strip mall!!!”

Pankas Peruvian Cuisine
Ranked #19 of 94 Restaurants in Cockeysville
Cuisines: Peruvian
United States
“Great Find in a strip mall!!!”
Reviewed October 31, 2013

If you like rotisserie chicken, you will LOVE Pankas Peruvian Cuisine in Cockeysville. The chicken is delicious, moist, great flavor. And you cannot beat all the menu options--half a chicken and two sides is enough for dinner for the two of us. We've also tried the beef anticuchos (grilled beef hearts) - so tender and flavorful, not gamey.
My absolute favorite is the Tallarines Verdes with grilled chicken or beef. This is pasta with a delicious creamy pesto sauce. Comfort food at its best. Delicious, a huge order, and a great value. I'd like to try different things on the menu, but the chicken is such perfection that it's hard to pass it by!

They also have a nice place to eat in, simple, clean. Order at the counter and they bring to your table. BYOB. And the family that owns/operates is so friendly and helpful. They were offering lime or hot sauce for anything we might need.

Located in a strip mall, so I hope they can make a go of it despite their somewhat-hidden location. Our new favorite find for a quick, delicious meal!

• Visited October 2013

“great chicken”
Reviewed September 27, 2013

Today I tried out them for rotisserie chicken and it was great. I walked in and was able to get something right off away. The chicken was season well and it was great. I will be coming here again! The two sides I have with a quarter chicken leg was good. The staff was very friendly. I will stop by again. I am not sure about the prices value but worth it.

• Visited September 2013
Cockeysville
“Great Find”
Reviewed September 5, 2013

Nestled in this strip mall, absolutely fabulous rotisserie chicken. The moistness, herbs, and flavoring were perfect. So were the rice and plaintain sides and the spicy sauce. Luckily we took one of the shortbread cookies HOME for dessert; otherwise we definitely would have had another. Everything was so good and service was very pleasant and friendly. Can't wait to go again.

• Visited September 2013
Baltimore, Maryland
“At last, a Peruvian Rotisserie nearby”
Reviewed August 19, 2013

A very lucky find, this restaurant is located in the strip mall next to the Food Lion. They've been open for only a couple of months, and I've gotten carry out from there once a week since my discovery. There are tables and booths if you want to eat in, and it's very clean. It's obviously a family operation and their staff is also very nice and accommodating. The owners with member of his/her family are usually found seated in the back of the restaurant.

Try a glass of the “chicha morada” (purple corn juice) if you're in the mood for something different while you wait for your order. It's delicious, don't let the name throw you.

The rotisserie chicken is just the right combination of juicy meat and crispy skin. If eating alone, half a chicken is plenty. It comes with 2 sides of your choice of rice and beans, yucca (manioc), plantains, or more traditional items like coleslaw and french fries. The delicious aioli dipping sauce is offered in a mild or a more peppery version. If I'm picking up dinner for my family of 4, the whole chicken with 2 large sides makes for a quick alternative to a drive-through for under $18 (Far better value than any drive-through order for 4 people.)

I always go in with the intention of trying something different, but the chicken is so delicious that it's what I tend to leave with. However, one day for lunch I tried the special seafood stew on the menu board and took it to my nearby office. It had plenty of shellfish in a tasty and creamy sauce that served 2 people, and now my husband is hooked.

Treat yourself to an “alfajor” for dessert. This traditional Latin shortbread sandwich cookie has a dulce de leche filling and is dusted in powdered sugar. No way can you camouflage you ate it, but well worth every calorie.

Give this new place a try, I don't think you will be disappointed,. See you there...

• Visited July 2013