“NEVER AGAIN!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Econo Lodge Andrews A.F.B.

Econo Lodge Andrews A.F.B.
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   7851 Malcolm Rd, Clinton, MD 20735-1713   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Clinton
Cinti, OH
“NEVER AGAIN!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2007

This hotel was terrible! I knew immediately this was a bad choice.
Since I was traveling with a youth organization, finding another hotel wasn't an option. The clerks at the front desk worked behind bulletproof glass and used the "old-fashioned" paper system to check in guests. Nothing was computerized.
There was very little lighting in the hallways. Carpeted stairs smelled of urine. Ice machines did not work. Hotel lobby was extremely hot - according to hotel staff the AC was broken.
The room furnishings were very old and outdated. We had to get alarm clocks and iron/ironing boards from the front desk. Very limited number of clocks and irons, several of which didn't work. Room parties hosted by locals were common during our stay. Some of these parties included illegal substances that could be smelt in the hallway. We reported this to the desk clerk and security, but they didn't want to get involved.
We paid $80+/night. This was definitely a rip-off!
Overall this hotel was horrible!

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Everything
  • Stayed June 2007
      Location
      Check in / front desk
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
3 Thank Peaches02

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
A TripAdvisor Member
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2005

I picked the EconoLodge at AFB because it said it was seven miles from a Metro stop that had parking, it was incredibly cheap ($60/night) and it advertised a kitchen. It was actually about four miles from a Metro (the web information advertised that the nearest station was Addison, when it was in fact Branch Avenue). I got what I paid for. While the beds were comfortable and the hotel was not terribly noisy, that's pretty much where the pluses of this stay ended. The 'kitchen' was a slightly larger than average dorm refrigerator barely big enough for a small pizza box. The cupboards in the kitchen had peeling paint, and the stove top was starting to rust and looked about thirty years old - not something I felt comfortable cooking on. When I went to take a shower the next morning my boyfriend and I found hairs on the 'clean' towels. The knob controlling the temperature was very difficult to use, although we figured out how to make it work. the website advertised "Cable/Satellie TV"; we got eight channels. The front desk staff, while they were nice, did not speak or understand English very well, so it was very difficult to have questions answered. When I asked about the neighborhood and how to get to places nearby they could not tell me how to get there because they were "not very familiar with the neighborhood", and they did not offer any more help than that. The continental breakfast was a joke. It was advertised to run until 10 a.m., but every single morning that I went down (which was usually between 7:45 and 8:30) all the muffins were gone, leaving only old cereal, whole milk and sour orange juice. The first morning it was actually cleaned up before I arrived downstairs (9:45 a.m.). I asked the woman at the desk what happened to it and she just said, "Oh, the housekeeper, he forgets sometimes." Um...ok.
I was not at all sad to leave the hotel, though very sad that my vacation in D.C. was over. The neighborhood seems safe, though, and it was relatively quiet during our stay. But if you're looking for an ultra friendly, welcoming, relaxing place, I'd say try another motel.

• Stayed March 2005
    • 3 of 5 stars
      Rooms
    • 3 of 5 stars
      Cleanliness
7 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Clinton
Comfort Inn at Joint Base Andrews
TownePlace Suites Clinton at Joint Base Andrews
Sleep Inn & Suites Upper Marlboro near Andrews AFB
Super 8 Camp Springs/Andrews AFB DC Area
Holiday Inn Express Washington DC East - Andrews AFB

Been to Econo Lodge Andrews A.F.B.? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Econo Lodge Andrews A.F.B.

Property: Econo Lodge Andrews A.F.B.
Address: 7851 Malcolm Rd, Clinton, MD 20735-1713
Location: United States > Maryland > Clinton
Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Kitchenette Wheelchair access
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Clinton
Hotel Class:2 star — Econo Lodge Andrews A.F.B. 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Travelocity, Odigeo, Expedia, Hotels.com and Priceline so you can book your Econo Lodge Andrews A.F.B. reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Clinton Econo Lodge