“good place to stay”

Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Clinton
King, North Carolina
“good place to stay”
Reviewed June 27, 2014

This is a great place to stay if visiting Washington. Its outside the city and it is quiet. Had the best sleep outside from my own bed. The beds were very comfortable and the room was spacious. We even had a balcony with rocking chairs. Nice indoor pool and gym. We didnt eat at the restaurant but it seemed nice.

Room Tip: Make sure to ask for a balcony, its nice to sit and relax after a long day
2 Thank sam h
Fernando M, General Manager at Colony South, responded to this review, September 23, 2014
Dear sam h,

Thank you for your comments about your visit this summer to The Colony South. I am glad that your visit was pleasant and hope to welcome you back soon. Please call my directly, if I may be of further service.

Fernando Mayol

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Reviewed June 17, 2014

I talked with the manager (Fernando) before booking my room and got excellent service. The room was spacious and very quiet. The other reviews are correct when they say that the club is extremely busy on the weekends but it didn't bother us. The shuttle to and from the Branch Ave Metro station was very convenient. All of the staff was friendly and courteous to us. We had a great visit!

Room Tip: Third floor rooms on the north side are very quiet! Definitely talk to the manager before booking t...
1 Thank Robert B
Dear Robert B,

Thank you for your comments about your recent stay with us this last summer. Your family was a delight and we enjoyed having you with us. Please come back soon and call me anytime, if I may again be of service.

Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed June 8, 2014

I found this hotel via Bookit.com and when we arrived I went to the front desk to check in and the man behind the counter didn't even realize I was there because he was staring at some girls coming from the other direction. We were there for3 days and were only able to use the pool once for about an hour, they were either cleaning it or had a class. We tried to do laundry but the soap machine was out of all laundry detergent. We went to breakfast and were told that we had to have coupons, which the guy at the front desk did not provide because he was obviously distracted. When we finally got our coupons, after running back an forth between front desk and restaurant we had a buffet available. We found out on our 2nd day that we were also allowed to order from a menu, which we did. The eggs Benedict was the worst, muffin was not toasted, 2 very thin slices of ham, a HARD boiled egg and a dollop of hollandaise sauce. We left the hotel at 9am and didn't return till after 4pm...our room had not been cleaned. We asked the cleaning lady in the hall for more towels and she told us to tell the other girl. There was no other girl!! All this and all anyone would say was 'sorry,. I absolutely would not recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: If you choose this hotel, try to get a room close to the elevators. The halls are very long.
Hi Robert B,

Your feedback is invaluable and I was delighted to have your family with us last summer. You folks make our job easy. Please come back soon.

Falmouth, Massachusetts
Reviewed June 4, 2014

Free breakfast, close to Andrews AFB, helpful and pleasant staff, and overall excellent place to stay compared to the chains. I would recommend this hotel to anyone that is traveling to Andrews or anywhere in the vicinity.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Hi Robert T,

Your comments are welcomed and appreciated. I am glad that you enjoyed your visit to The Colony South and hope to welcome you back soon.

Thanks,
waldorf
Reviewed June 2, 2014

I decided to take my friend to the Wayfarer's Restaurant at the Colony South for his birthday weekend. I haven't eaten there in almost 15 years, and still remember how good the food was, so I thought we'd visit the restaurant for his birthday dinner. I had the crab cakes and he ordered the ribs. The crabcake was absolutely delectable and the ribs were the most tender ribs we've tasted in a long time. Needless to say, dinner was fantastic. We decided to stay the night and booked a double bed room. The price was RIGHT! The bed was very comfortable, the room and bathroom were extremely clean. I met the chambermaid, Angelina. She was personable and friendly, and told me she'd be the one taking care of us should we need anything at all. I truly enjoyed interacting with her. She was great. We had a wonderful weekend and will DEFINITELY be visiting the Wayfarer Restaurant and staying at the Colony South again in the near future. WE LOVED IT!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank teysgma
MillicentPerkins, Front Office Manager at Colony South, responded to this review, July 10, 2014
Thank you for the glowing review of the Colony South Hotel and Conference Center We appreciate your business and look forward to serving you the next time you are in town.
Waynesboro, VA
Reviewed May 19, 2014 via mobile

Because it had the words conference center in the name I thought it would be better. Our AC/heat unit died. It just died!! BUT the windows open which is just awesome so we just opened the windows. They have a huge pool and nice hot tub. Hospital is directly behind the hotel. Ask for a room near the elevator because the place is a square with pool in the middle so you could have a long walk to the elevator.

Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Motadean
Fernando M, General Manager at Colony South, responded to this review, May 20, 2014
Dear Motadean,

Thank you for your comments about your recent visit to Colony South. I'm sorry that your A/C died, but trust that its repair/replacement was handled efficiently. The hotel is built like a square around a big Courtyard lined with rose bushes and leading to the Pool and Fitness Center. Our exterior rooms have balconies. Please come back soon and I can personally handle your arrangements, if you contact me directly. Thank you.
Reviewed May 13, 2014 via mobile

We originally had plans for Philadelphia. The concert was switched at the last minute. We had to find a new hotel. All the immediate hotels in DC were so expensive. I found Colony South and it was such a great price and so close. Very clean!! Great staff! Great price!! I highly recommend it.

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Hinkle86
Dear Hinkle86,

I am glad that you were able to find us on a busy weekend and in proximity to your plans in the Philly and DC area. We hope you can visit us again for any occasion and I look forward to welcoming you back. Please feel free to call me directly and I will handle your arrangements. Thanks.

Fernando Mayol
Also consider these accommodations in or near Clinton
Comfort Inn at Joint Base Andrews
TownePlace Suites Clinton at Joint Base Andrews
Sleep Inn & Suites Upper Marlboro near Andrews AFB
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Camp Springs (Andrews Air Force Base)
Chesapeake Beach Resort and Spa
Chesapeake Beach Resort and Spa
#1 of 1 in Chesapeake Beach
Woodspring Suites Washington DC Andrews AFB

Been to Colony South? Share your experiences!