“Perfect Ski Weekend Stay!”

Sleep Inn & Suites Clear Spring
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Clear Spring
Arlington, Virginia
“Perfect Ski Weekend Stay!”
Reviewed March 2, 2014

This proved to be the perfect little hotel to stay at within a 15 minute drive from Whitetail Ski resort. Very clean, modern and typical hotel with a great free breakfast. When we arrived to check in at 1:30am, front desk staff was friendly and checked us in quickly. Would highly recommend for a ski weekend!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Management732, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites Clear Spring, responded to this review, March 18, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on our property. We are proud of our property and will share your comments with the staff. We hope to see you back in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
DC
Reviewed January 27, 2014

I stopped by on my way returning from two days of skiiing at Whitetail. I had originally thought to just check the hotel out for a future trip. However, I liked it so much I decided to stay rather than drive back to DC late at night. After a nice soak in the hot-tub, swim, sleep, workout, and breakfast I was glad I did.

The previous night, I had stayed at the Whitetail Mountain Inn that adjoins the ski resort and had paid over $160 for a room that while ok room that had a very noisy ventilation system that kept me up all night as well as no amenities (hot-tub, indoor pool, or breakfast). I was therefore impressed by this modern hotel at a significantly lower price (ask for the skier special) just 8 minutes from Whitetail.

I was not disappointed, and have since been recommending this place to everyone I know who skis at Whitetail (which was also very nice).

The internet was free, although it did take me a few minutes to figure out -- it didn't appear to work at first until I figured out that it had opened a separate screen behind the screen I was looking at that contained a terms of service agreement. Once I had gotten past this stumbling block, it worked great throughout the hotel.

The room (a single King) was a nice size -- perfectly fine for one or two. It had modern furniture that was perfectly designed for the room.

And the beautiful hot tub, huge pool, workout room, free breakfast, and just 8 minutes to Whitetail make it perfect for a ski trip. No more one-day skiing round-trips for me - I'm either going to go the night before or stay over the night after (or both).

The hotel service was also excellent - friendly and accommodating.

Enjoy

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Management732, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites Clear Spring, responded to this review, February 10, 2014
Thank you for taking the time out of your day to write a review on our hotel. You are right it's a beautiful hotel that offers many amenities at a great price. There aren't too many hotel that you can get a good night sleep like you can here. We hope to see you in the future.
LaVale, Maryland
Reviewed December 11, 2013

We were on our way home from Harrisburg, where we were spending our vacation for the weekend and as we were traveling home it started snowing really bad, we were going to stick it out at first, since we only had an hour to go, but it got worse, so we decided to check into this place and glad we did. The service was quick for check in and we got ourselves a very nice room. It was very clean and pretty good sized for a non suite, the room was nice and clean and log on for the WIFI was easy as well. The pool was pretty and also very nice as well. The breakfast was very good. If worse comes to worse again coming home from a trip we would stay here again. Oh, and if you're a skier or snowboarder and would like to stay at a nice hotel I recommend this one since it is only 8 miles from Whitetail Ski Resort.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Ashleigh C
Management732, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites Clear Spring, responded to this review, December 27, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on our property. You are correct we are the perfect property to get snowed in with. You can take advantage of sitting in front of our fireplace on cold evenings if you get tired of hanging out in your room. We look forward to seeing you in the future.
Ontario, Canada
Reviewed November 28, 2013

We stayed at this motel back in June/13 and found it to be clean and comfortable. So we stayed again this month, November/13. We found the beds to be comfortable and the motel quiet. We got up early as we had to travel on south. They have a deluxe continental breakfast from 6-9. I was going to have a waffle but the mix looked like it had separated so I decided on something else. Coffee was good and we took a cup to go in our travel mugs. I recommend this motel although it was a bit out of the way for us because we were travelling I-81. We could not get onto the internet and the woman at the desk tried to help us but she could not get our laptop to complete the connection either.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Management732, Owner at Sleep Inn & Suites Clear Spring, responded to this review, December 9, 2013
We are glad to have you staying with us again and hope to see you in the future. You are correct it's a very quiet hotel. The waffles are always a hit with our guests.
Jeffersonville
Reviewed October 23, 2013

We arrived at 3am left at 9:30 am on our way to NYC, are choices were slim however very happy we stopped. The staff was friendly, place was clean and my bed was fine. The only negative I have we're the rubbery eggs.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Management732, Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites Clear Spring, responded to this review, October 25, 2013
Thank you for your kind words on our property. We take all comments serious and always try to improve our guest experience. We will look at the eggs and make sure we put out the best product.
Lexington, KY
Reviewed October 13, 2013 via mobile

First, I got this room at the Friends & Family rate, but that shouldn't mean worse service. The room clearly hadn't been used in a while, because it had a musty smell and was infested with stink bugs. We moved to a new room, which was fun since we have a toddler who needed to go to bed. THAT room had a problem with the toilet. My husband asked if they could fix it - they brought up a kit to fix it, and he did it himself! For all of our trouble, we asked if they could refund part of our room rate or do something to make this up. They said since we were already getting a discounted rate, they couldn't do anything. I didn't realize a discounted rate meant worse service. We will make the extra few mile trip into Hagerstown next time.

Stayed October 2013
1 Thank Rekico
Management732, Owner at Sleep Inn & Suites Clear Spring, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
We are sorry about your experience at our hotel and would like to speak with you on Thursday if you are able to call me? If so just ask for Matt.
Richton, Mississippi
Reviewed September 3, 2013

We stopped at this hotel on our way to NYC on a travel tour. It was clean. It has rooms opening up to the pool area which I thought was neat. No problems to speak of. Rooms were clean. Not impressed with the breakfast bar but hey it was free! I would stay here again if I was in the area.

Room Tip: They have rooms which open to the pool area which is neat if you have children or want to go to the...