“Good ski hotel for the price, but bring your own duvet!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sleep Inn & Suites Clear Spring

Sleep Inn & Suites Clear Spring
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Clear Spring
Davidsonville, Maryland
“Good ski hotel for the price, but bring your own duvet!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2013

My boys and I stayed at the Sleep Inn numerous times this past winter so that we could ski at Whitetail, which is about 10 minutes away. On the plus side, we could sometimes get the room for $77 per night with my husband's military ID (although they would not always give us that rate). The facility is new and the indoor pool is really great for a hotel of this level. The breakfast is good and the breakfast staff is friendly. My 8 year old wakes up earlier than everybody else and would go down to breakfast alone. The staff would always help him to get what he wanted and would let him change the channel to cartoon network so he could watch TV while he ate. On the downside, the beds are terrible. If you do not like a soft mattress, you will not like these beds, which feel more like sleeping on a piece of foam. Also, instead of comforters or duvets, they have those scratchy satin bedspreads. One night I asked for an extra blanket and was told that they did not have any in the whole hotel, as each room is allocated just one blanket. I think that if I stay there again next winter, I will just bring my own comforter.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Hamilton
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2013

I had two rooms at this hotel as a mid stopping point on our way to Outer Banks, NC. We were planning at stopping by again on the way back home but not after our check out experience.
We aren't from that area and we had 2 young children with us. I went to the front desk after finding what appeared to be ticks in the bedroom. The front desk agent informed me that they were not ticks but they were stink bugs and they were everywhere in that city. She never offered to get the room looked at or move us, even though I told her I had 2 children.
On check out I showed the other agent several different photos of different stink bugs in the room and she said oh ok I will make sure housekeeping cleans that room really well...
Both agents didn't even off an apology for the room having bugs everywhere.

I was completely grossed out and angry that nothing was done that we changed our hotel for our return trip right away.

Perks.. They have a good continental breakfast and were close to the outlets in Hagerstown.

Room Tip: It was loud at night with bikers in the parking lot, try to get a room on the back of the hotel.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Jeff H, Owner at Sleep Inn & Suites Clear Spring, responded to this review, June 10, 2013
I am sorry you didn't enjoy your previous stay with us but I would like to talk with you if you would like to call and ask for Matt. I will speak with the staff regarding your comments.

Saint Louis, Missouri
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2013

This sleep inn was a convenient stop over while traveling. The price was good for a nice clean hotel with easy access. I had to work several hours in the morning and internet service was nice. I also used the fitness facility and the breakfast buffett had everything I wanted. I recommend this hotel if you are in the area.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for writing a review on our property. We take a lot of pride in our property and will share your comments with the staff.
Lebanon, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

What a great place to stay. We stayed for 8 days. Clean, quiet, pool, hot tub and a fantastic breakfast every morning. The property is excellently maintained, the grounds are beautiful and the people are friendly. A must if you need lodging in this part of the country.

Room Tip: Three floors and an elevator makes it convenient. The whole hotel is quiet and peaceful.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Jeff H, Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites Clear Spring, responded to this review, May 22, 2013
We are glad you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you in the future. Thank you for taking the time to write a review.
Manassas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2013

This last weekend, we stayed at the Sleep Inn & Suites for several days while in nearby Haggerstown, MD, for my son's wedding. The rooms were comfortable, spacious, and very affordable. The breakfast was the best we've had at any brand hotel. It was fresh, hot, plentiful and tasty. The pool was inviting and great fun! The staff was very accommodating. On our last day in the hotel, we had a late morning 90th birthday celebration for my mother in the breakfast room. The ability to have the birthday celebration while we were all together made it a very special occasion for all. The staff was friendly and worked to make our stay great.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Jeff H, Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites Clear Spring, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
Thank you! We enjoyed having your group and being part of the your important event.
Perrysburg, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

Checked in rather late, around midnight, staff was very friendly even offering our kids snacks or milk since it was so late. Promptly grabbed us a pack and play for the baby which was also in excellent condition and clean. The breakfast room was very clean and all new. The rooms were super clean and very nicely appointed, decorated and plenty of space unlike some sleep inns.

The bathroom was clean, and check out was painless and the kids loved the breakfast the next morning. Was a great place for a quick stop over.

Room Tip: We had a double suite
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Jeff H, Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites Clear Spring, responded to this review, April 12, 2013
Thank you for your kind review of our property. I will share your comments with our staff. We hope to see you in the future.
Duncansville
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2013

Stayed here last summer for a function in Hancock, MD. Looks great from the inside, but don't outside after dark. It looked like a Sunday football tailgate party, but only with bikers. There were numerous people drinking and having a great time in the parking lot. All the outside garbage cans were filled with beer bottles and cans. There is a rowdy bar that is in the back corner of the one parking lot. All night long groups would come stumbling out of the woods into the parking lot and make their way over to the tailgate parties.

This wasn't a very appropriate place for our children. Seems like they cater to the "race" crowd for some rack track down the road. Our room was supposed to be a king bed with a pull out sofa, but only got a king bed. Staff was friendly, but I would never stay here again, even if it was free.

Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Jeff H, Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites Clear Spring, responded to this review, April 4, 2013
I would like to apologize for your recent experience at our hotel. We strive to meet all guests needs and in this case we didn't do that for your visit and would like to speak with you if you have the time. Please call the hotel and ask for Matt or Jim so we can speak.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Clear Spring
Hampton Inn Hagerstown
#1 of 21 in Hagerstown
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Hagerstown
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Hagerstown

Been to Sleep Inn & Suites Clear Spring? Share your experiences!