“If Only It Were Closer!”
Review of Great Sage

Great Sage
Ranked #1 of 29 Restaurants in Clarksville
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Great Sage is anything but common, featuring a bold menu inspired by exotic flavors from around the world, using organic ingredients to nourish the body, and providing a warm, earthy, yet romantic atmosphere perfect for any occasion. Great Sage seeks to provide the highest quality gourmet foods created from only plant-based sources.Great Sage opened in June of 2004 as the third business to be added to the exciting new venture called, "Conscious Corner" in Clarksville, MD. Owners Jeff & Holly Kaufman and Jody Cutler began Conscious Corner in June of 2000 with Roots Market, an independent natural and organic market catering to the gourmet and natural foods enthusiast.
Reviewed April 17, 2013

Great Sage is amazing. For years, I wanted to check it out, but since it is an hour's drive from me, it just didn't happen. Then last year for Mother's Day, I decided we were going there, and I loved it! We've been back several times since then, including for the Valentines' Day prix-fixe and their delicious brunch. I've been vegetarian for almost 30 years, and although I occasionally slip back to vegetarianism, I'm about 95% vegan. My husband, who considers himself an omnivore but who happily eats the vegan meals that are all I cook at home, also likes Great Sage, although he isn't quite as deliriously happy about it as I am. I can heartily recommend it to anyone who wants to give vegan food a try, and vegans and vegetarians should definitely make the trip to Clarksville to try it.

Reviewed April 11, 2013

Love Great Sage, even though I am not a vegetarian. The dishes are amazing, I think more people would become vegetarians if we could make the food taste this good. The service has always been great. Very earthy vibe. Will continue to go back.

Reviewed April 1, 2013

Vegan restaurant that has been around for 10 years.
While it is unique, I always find myself wanting more.
It misses being delicate. Spicing can be excessive and overwhelming.
Could se some more diversity as well.

2  Thank Mricklen
Reviewed March 13, 2013

I've been a vegan for 15 years and visited a lot of vegan and vegetarian restaurants, and Great Sage is the best I've ever had. All of the dishses are unique and delicious. Even the food presentation and ambiance are top notch. I love this restaurant.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

I've been eating at The Great Sage for quite a few years now and always enjoy it. Being a vegan myself, restaurants like this are few and far between. The food is tasty, but portion sizes can be on the small size, especially for dinner.

While the menu has been updated recently, here are a few items I have seen regularly: Mediterranean Hummus Plate - If you are looking for this, go to a Med restaurant, it's mediocre here.
Thai Chicken Salad - I've enjoyed this salad several times, perhaps due to my love of the peanut sauce.
Chocolate Lava Cake - Simply scrumptious so sagely savor!

purplepotatoe, Manager at Great Sage, responded to this reviewResponded March 13, 2013

Todd,

Thanks for your review and glad to hear you are a Sage regular! We love to get to know our guests and find out what their favorite dishes are, another popular appetizer is our spinach and artichoke dip and we have a Happy Hour Tuesday-Friday from 3-6pm where you can try this for $6! We also have brunch on Sundays from 10am-3pm with both a pancake and tofu quiche of the week. Hope to see you soon!

Been to Great Sage? Share your experiences!