“A most creative menu”
Review of Great Sage

Great Sage
Ranked #1 of 27 Restaurants in Clarksville
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Great Sage is anything but common, featuring a bold menu inspired by exotic flavors from around the world, using organic ingredients to nourish the body, and providing a warm, earthy, yet romantic atmosphere perfect for any occasion. Great Sage seeks to provide the highest quality gourmet foods created from only plant-based sources.Great Sage opened in June of 2004 as the third business to be added to the exciting new venture called, "Conscious Corner" in Clarksville, MD. Owners Jeff & Holly Kaufman and Jody Cutler began Conscious Corner in June of 2000 with Roots Market, an independent natural and organic market catering to the gourmet and natural foods enthusiast.
Woodbine, Maryland
“A most creative menu”
Reviewed April 11, 2013

Love Great Sage, even though I am not a vegetarian. The dishes are amazing, I think more people would become vegetarians if we could make the food taste this good. The service has always been great. Very earthy vibe. Will continue to go back.

• Visited May 2012

Owings Mills, Maryland
“Great possibilities”
Reviewed April 1, 2013

Vegan restaurant that has been around for 10 years.
While it is unique, I always find myself wanting more.
It misses being delicate. Spicing can be excessive and overwhelming.
Could se some more diversity as well.

• Visited March 2013
2 Thank Mricklen
Washington DC
“Best Vegan Restaurant”
Reviewed March 13, 2013

I've been a vegan for 15 years and visited a lot of vegan and vegetarian restaurants, and Great Sage is the best I've ever had. All of the dishses are unique and delicious. Even the food presentation and ambiance are top notch. I love this restaurant.

• Visited February 2013
Kailua, Hawaii
“Totally Sagacious!”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

I've been eating at The Great Sage for quite a few years now and always enjoy it. Being a vegan myself, restaurants like this are few and far between. The food is tasty, but portion sizes can be on the small size, especially for dinner.

While the menu has been updated recently, here are a few items I have seen regularly: Mediterranean Hummus Plate - If you are looking for this, go to a Med restaurant, it's mediocre here.
Thai Chicken Salad - I've enjoyed this salad several times, perhaps due to my love of the peanut sauce.
Chocolate Lava Cake - Simply scrumptious so sagely savor!

• Visited December 2012
purplepotatoe, Manager at Great Sage, responded to this review, March 13, 2013
Todd,

Thanks for your review and glad to hear you are a Sage regular! We love to get to know our guests and find out what their favorite dishes are, another popular appetizer is our spinach and artichoke dip and we have a Happy Hour Tuesday-Friday from 3-6pm where you can try this for $6! We also have brunch on Sundays from 10am-3pm with both a pancake and tofu quiche of the week. Hope to see you soon!
Frederick, Maryland
“Should be named "Mediocre Sage"”
Reviewed February 17, 2013

In spite of the image- hipster servers and the upscale hippie types who flock here, the food is very disappointing. I've been here three times, and as a lifelong vegetarian/vegan, I really want to like it but it let me down each time. AWFUL spinach salad ($12!), very bland blah tofu special. we drove 40 minutes, waited 45 minutes for a table, waited forever to get our mediocre food, and paid about $60. (no bar drinks) for it. Not again. You're out, Great Sage, I'm done with you.
P.S. Learn how to make a good salad because no, you don't.

• Visited February 2013
purplepotatoe, Manager at Great Sage, responded to this review, March 13, 2013
Parker,
We are sorry to hear that your experience with us was not up to your standards, we always aim to provide the best food and service and would love for you to give us another try. Please e-mail me at katies@greatsage.com with your address and I would be happy to send you a gift card to try a meal on us.

Best,