“This hotel was most excellent” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Courtyard Chevy Chase

Courtyard Chevy Chase
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Chevy Chase
Dallas, Texas
“This hotel was most excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

I routinely make hotel reservations for my colleagues. This time my colleague's review from her stay on September 18, 2013 is as indicated in the title of this review. Great Internet connection-very very nice staff, speedy service. Thank you, again, Adina.

Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
CYCC, Director of Sales at Courtyard Chevy Chase, responded to this review, November 12, 2013
Dear CAPIONTAYHAS, Thank you for your kind words about our hotel! It was nice of you to pass on your colleague's comment that we were a "most excellent" hotel - please thank her for us. Our staff makes it a point to provide personalized customer service and we are very happy that you found them to be nice and attentive; especially Adina. I will be sure to share your comments with them all. Please continue to send your colleagues our way and we'll be sure to continue to take care of them! Sincerely, Amy Harris

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
Jeffersonville, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013 via mobile

I stayed there for a week while on business. The room was nice and the staff was very friendly. I enjoyed the shower and didn't notice a lack of heat or water pressure. The air conditioner is motion activated so that was the only downside. I have to have a fan to sleep so every time it cut off I would wake up. Overall though I had a great experience and would return.

Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Springfield, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

We stayed here for 8 nights while touring the DC area. The metro is a few blocks away. A Whole Foods is a few blocks away, shopping, lots of dining, etc is also surrounding. The hotel has a dining facility but we never ate at it. Perks we liked about the hotel was the free bike rental, friendly staff, convenient to metro and shopping(even though a lot of it is high end), and free wifi. It is not the nicest Marriott we have stayed in but it s a nice Courtyard. We were also able to hook up our computer to watch our movies which is rare in most hotels! They normally want to just charge you for theirs and block access to your equipment. The staff went out of their way to serve you and we saw this with others as well.

Room Tip: rooms not on wisconsin rd would probably be quieter. We were on the other side and heard nothing!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank eyenurse2
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

This was the first time I was in Chevy Chase for business and the company booked this hotel. I arrived late in the hotel but they had a nice bar open with good beer selection and a nice food. The hotel and the rooms looked very clean and the people were so nice. They had a complimentary WIFI which helped me a lot since I had to take care of some business for the next day presentation. I had a presentation till 12 pm and that was the same time you were supposed to check out, but I did wanted to check out early and go to a business meeting with my luggage with me. So I requested them if I could check out a little late. They were absolutely fine with it and I got enough time to come back, take a shower and catch a plane. If I travel that place again, this hotel will be my first choice!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank CynicAndroid
atlanta
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

Pros:
1. Ritzy shops if you like to overpay for clothing, food and accessories
2. Convenient parking ($15 per nite)
3. Bellman is very helpful. We called him Mr. Deeds
4. Fast free wi-fi

Cons:
1. Booked room using points. I was told upon arrival, I could not use points to book a suite.
2. No hotel shuttle. So, disabled and elderly persons are forced to pay for taxi, if they can't make it 3 blocks to the Metro.
3. Shower has no water pressure! I'm sure they sell this as a water saving feature. But if it takes you 10 minutes to rinse off, I'm not sure you are actually conserving water.
4. Very small rooms
5. Very Expensive - Very basic-basic stay and one of the most expensive Courtyard Marriott hotels in the D.C. area

Room Tip: We paid $209 per nite, after my points ran out. For that price, you can stay at Courtyard Marriott h...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
2 Thank twillis600
Jackson, NJ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

Wife and I went down to Chevy Chase to assist my daughter with a move. I have stayed at Courtyards before and this one did not disappoint. Although the room size was smaller than I was used to at the other Courtyards I've stayed in it was clean and well laid out and when our daughter surprised us by staying with us the first night the fold out sofa was very handy. Check in was a bit confusing as the layout of the lobby is not clear. We arrived after 8 PM and after picking up our daughter just went down stairs to Trattoria 5520 get something to eat. I'll have a separate review of that experience. Overall a good value close to DC.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

I managed to get a great deal online and for the price I paid I was more than happy with what I received. The location is great with the shops right outside the entrance and beds were really comfortable.
Rooms were nothing special however, they were comfortable, had air con and a shower.
Having a pool was a God send on the humid summer's day, but it's a shame the 'life guard' ruined what should have been a relaxing afternoon. All the other staff at this hotel were to lovely, but the life guard seemed determined to be as off and unprofessional as possible. I ended up leaving the pool area as a direct result of him.
I was only there for a few nights, and it was the first time I've travelled solo and I felt really safe here. The valet and bar men were lovely and couldn't do enough for you. If I ever have to go back to Bethesda, I will book here for the location over the other hotels.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
3.5 of 5 stars 1,327 reviews
Bethesda Court Hotel
#5 of 11 in Bethesda
4.0 of 5 stars 382 reviews

Been to Courtyard Chevy Chase? Share your experiences!