“Comfortable Hotel”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Chevy Chase
Los Angeles
“Comfortable Hotel”
Reviewed August 24, 2012

I've stayed at this hotel several times and have found it very comfortable and conveniently located. The rooms are clean with all the amenities you expect, the decor is pleasant and the staff is terrific. They really try to accommodate your every need.

As one reviewer commented, the room rates are steep but sometimes you can get a discounted rate.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank SusanLLosAngeles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
Boston
Reviewed August 22, 2012

Nice hotel in shopping area close to stores and restaurants. Front desk staff very good. Ridiculously high priced breakfast (most similar hotels include a free breakfast). Gigantic empty parking garage charged $15 which seems crazy since this is not in a city.

1 Thank marie1000
north jersey
Reviewed August 21, 2012

Stayed here to bring son back to college and location is excellent. Staff Sunday night not at all suited to front desk hospitality but too late and too tired to change. Comfortable bed and served our purpose. Try to find a priceline or other rate as a bit expensive for what it is. Clean and convenient. Walk to shops and restaurants.

Room Tip: ask for a room not facing the front.
Suffolk, Virginia
Reviewed August 19, 2012

I found this gem when I could not get a hotel in the Bethesda/Rockville area. It is located 2 blocks from the Metro Red line. Typical Courtyard, fairly modern amenities. Whole Foods is 2 blocks away if you want to get some groceries. Parking was very convenient and a bargain at $15/day.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Grand Rapids, MI
Reviewed August 14, 2012

I stayed here while visiting family who live just down the street in Washington DC/Cleveland Park. I wish I could remember the names of the gentlemen who checked us in but they were wonderful! We were in town for a baptism & every time they saw us, they asked us how our weekend was & about our family plans.

We did not stay here with the intent of hanging out in our room all weekend. It was just a place to sleep. That being said, this is an older hotel that has been remodeled fairly recently and is just really nice! Everything was clean, updated (including a nice work station in the room) & quiet. The restaurant area was very nice and clean with friendly staff. The one morning I needed to grab something to eat, it was great to be able to get Starbucks & a yogurt on the go (just typical hotel prices - but you pay for convenience). There were computers in the lobby for general use and two work stations dedicated to just printing your boarding passes - which is exactly what I needed. Thank you!!

I could look out my window & see the Friendship Heights Metro stop which is right on Wisconsin. Although I didn't take advantage of it, my sister said that we were staying on the "Rodeo Drive of Montgomery County" with Cartier, Saks & Tiffany's, to name a few, just across the street. Most importantly to me, though, it was 5 minutes to my sister's house. This place is literally across the street from DC, which was just perfect for us.

We booked the room on Expedia & got a great deal but I haven't looked to see what their rates are normally. I will definitely be staying here again when I go back to DC to visit family.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 1, 2012

Stayed at the Mariott Courtyard this week for business. Generally speaking a very nice hotel. Easy parking, and in a great area. There are some absolutely fantastic shops near by and some great dining options as well if you feel like venturing a little bit away from the hotel (PF Changs, Cheesecake Factory, Capitol Grille, etc). Must admit, I didn't try the restaurant in the hotel but they do have a very reasonably priced little market there.

Rooms are a comfortable size, with a great bed and comfortable pillows. Good television, refrigerators, and iPod docks as well which are great touches. Decor is modern without being too "in your face", and a good sized bathroom with shower and some nice free toiletries as well.

Unfortunately I was disappointed elsewhere. I was placed in a room right next to the elevator and they were unable to move me. I will be honest here, I didn't suffer very much from it - you can't really hear the elevator moving but the chime is most irritating. Not loud enough to wake you up, but certainly enough to stop you from dozing off. Courtesy of that I also had the noise of various people walking from the elevator to their rooms and the loud conversation that goes with it. Despite offering free WiFi internet connection, the signal was extremely poor on occasions and dreadfully slow to the point of being unusable. I also still had hairs on the floor of my shower, so obviously hadn't been cleaned properly.

With some small improvements, this hotel could be excellent. I would still recommend it if you're looking for a comfortable hotel in the area, I just hope that management read these comments and make improvements where necessary.

Room Tip: Ask for a room as far away from elevators as possible. Pool is located on the 3rd floor, so if you a...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank kinetix63
Nairobi, Kenya
Reviewed July 29, 2012

Stayed nine days with the family (self, wife, two kids). Hotel is modern, professionally run, and most importantly with all the extra stuff you sometimes need for these longer stays: Small fridge, micro, waching machines, coffee maker etc. Add to that: Free wifi, newspapers and bike rentals. Hotel is well located for business also in DC -- hotel is two blocks from the Red Line.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chevy Chase
Upper Northwest
Embassy Suites by Hilton Chevy Chase Pavilion
Bethesda Court Hotel
#4 of 11 in Bethesda
Hyatt Regency Bethesda
#7 of 11 in Bethesda

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Chevy Chase? Share your experiences!