“Alternative to Bethesda and Rockville”

Courtyard by Marriott Chevy Chase
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Chevy Chase
Reviewed August 19, 2012

I found this gem when I could not get a hotel in the Bethesda/Rockville area. It is located 2 blocks from the Metro Red line. Typical Courtyard, fairly modern amenities. Whole Foods is 2 blocks away if you want to get some groceries. Parking was very convenient and a bargain at $15/day.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Courtyard by Marriott Chevy Chase

Reviewed August 14, 2012

I stayed here while visiting family who live just down the street in Washington DC/Cleveland Park. I wish I could remember the names of the gentlemen who checked us in but they were wonderful! We were in town for a baptism & every time they saw us, they asked us how our weekend was & about our family plans.

We did not stay here with the intent of hanging out in our room all weekend. It was just a place to sleep. That being said, this is an older hotel that has been remodeled fairly recently and is just really nice! Everything was clean, updated (including a nice work station in the room) & quiet. The restaurant area was very nice and clean with friendly staff. The one morning I needed to grab something to eat, it was great to be able to get Starbucks & a yogurt on the go (just typical hotel prices - but you pay for convenience). There were computers in the lobby for general use and two work stations dedicated to just printing your boarding passes - which is exactly what I needed. Thank you!!

I could look out my window & see the Friendship Heights Metro stop which is right on Wisconsin. Although I didn't take advantage of it, my sister said that we were staying on the "Rodeo Drive of Montgomery County" with Cartier, Saks & Tiffany's, to name a few, just across the street. Most importantly to me, though, it was 5 minutes to my sister's house. This place is literally across the street from DC, which was just perfect for us.

We booked the room on Expedia & got a great deal but I haven't looked to see what their rates are normally. I will definitely be staying here again when I go back to DC to visit family.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 1, 2012

Stayed at the Mariott Courtyard this week for business. Generally speaking a very nice hotel. Easy parking, and in a great area. There are some absolutely fantastic shops near by and some great dining options as well if you feel like venturing a little bit away from the hotel (PF Changs, Cheesecake Factory, Capitol Grille, etc). Must admit, I didn't try the restaurant in the hotel but they do have a very reasonably priced little market there.

Rooms are a comfortable size, with a great bed and comfortable pillows. Good television, refrigerators, and iPod docks as well which are great touches. Decor is modern without being too "in your face", and a good sized bathroom with shower and some nice free toiletries as well.

Unfortunately I was disappointed elsewhere. I was placed in a room right next to the elevator and they were unable to move me. I will be honest here, I didn't suffer very much from it - you can't really hear the elevator moving but the chime is most irritating. Not loud enough to wake you up, but certainly enough to stop you from dozing off. Courtesy of that I also had the noise of various people walking from the elevator to their rooms and the loud conversation that goes with it. Despite offering free WiFi internet connection, the signal was extremely poor on occasions and dreadfully slow to the point of being unusable. I also still had hairs on the floor of my shower, so obviously hadn't been cleaned properly.

With some small improvements, this hotel could be excellent. I would still recommend it if you're looking for a comfortable hotel in the area, I just hope that management read these comments and make improvements where necessary.

Room Tip: Ask for a room as far away from elevators as possible. Pool is located on the 3rd floor, so if you a...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank kinetix63
Reviewed July 29, 2012

Stayed nine days with the family (self, wife, two kids). Hotel is modern, professionally run, and most importantly with all the extra stuff you sometimes need for these longer stays: Small fridge, micro, waching machines, coffee maker etc. Add to that: Free wifi, newspapers and bike rentals. Hotel is well located for business also in DC -- hotel is two blocks from the Red Line.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed July 27, 2012

When participating in the Washington, DC Avon Walk for Breast Cancer, this is the place to stay. The price is considerably better than the Walk-rate offered by the "sponsoring hotel" and it is close to the Wellness Village, where you will want your blisters cared for at the end of the first day. The room was clean. The staff was friendly and helpful. Local restaurants and shopping are plentiful. I will stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 26, 2012

This hotel is in a great neighborhood. Shopping galore and many places to dine. About 2 blocks to the subway station and a quick ride into D.C. The hotel is a typical Courtyard, but does have a nice little restaurant and room service. Parking is cheap and pool was beautiful. I recommend this as a great place to stay if you are going into DC for the sights.

Room Tip: Rooms next to the elevator are smaller.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed July 23, 2012

This is a nice courtyard located in a high rent shopping area...lots of stores nearby..metro several blocks up the street. Small rooms but comfortable..ver friendly staff and good service...lots of screaming children in the mornings at breakfast....family friendly hotel

• Stayed: July 2012
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chevy Chase
Upper Northwest
Embassy Suites by Hilton Chevy Chase Pavilion
Hyatt Regency Bethesda
#7 of 11 in Bethesda
Bethesda Court Hotel
#5 of 11 in Bethesda

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Chevy Chase? Share your experiences!