“Great location and child friendly”
Review of Lia's

Lia's
Reserve with OpenTable
Lia's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 33 Restaurants in Chevy Chase
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Wisconsin Avenue
Transit: Friendship Heights metro (red line) located 1 block away on cross streets Western Avenue and Wisconsin Avenue. Walk one block north on Wisconsin Avenue to Willard and we are at 4435 Willard Avenue in the Ritz-Carlton building. Look for our outdoor patio and red awnings.
Description: Enjoy Chef Geoff's genuine hospitality and casual cuisine with an Italian flair. Lia’s is a neighborhood restaurant in the heart of Chevy Chase. Come for a glass of wine, hand tossed pizzas, fresh pasta, or charcuterie and cheese, and the result will be the same. You'll be back for more. Join us on Sundays for brunch and every Monday for half price wines. Enjoy our ever-popular happy hour daily from 3pm to 7pm and all night on Monday and Tuesday. An eighty seat patio provides some of the best outdoor dining in the area. We truly have something for everyone and look forward to welcoming you. Cheers! Chef Geoff
Reviewed August 12, 2013

A group of us (5 adults and 3 children under the age of 9) decided to try at Lia's on the spur of the moment.
The positives of the restaurant: outdoor dining, staff is friendly and courteous, very child friendly, menus with crayons for children, good ambiance, meals for children were healthy and reasonably priced.
Downside: We were not able to join tables together; Food was good but not amazing!!
I would recommend this restaurant to those going with children as the staff was patient, on top of things and very nice, and did cater to children.

Courtney F, Guest Relations Manager at Lia's, responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2013

Good afternoon,

Thank you for dining with us and for sharing your nice comments here on Trip Advisor. I'm happy to hear that your family enjoyed your visit. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future. Please let me know if I may be of assistance with special requests or reservations.

Reviewed July 15, 2013

We had not booked so we were offered to sit outside or at the bar : no matter, we wanted to stay outside.
The ambiance was very good. The service really excellent: they take good care of their customers.
The burgers plus fries : simply delicious, with a so tasty homemade tsatsiky !
The dessert: definitely the passion fruit sorbet which we really enjoyed !
The menu is complete so you will find something for you. And Monday is almost better cause they do some special prices on wine and burgers.

Courtney F, Guest Relations Manager at Lia's, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2013

Good afternoon,

Thank you for dining with us and for sharing your nice comments here on Trip Advisor. I'm thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your visit! We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future. Please let me know if I may be of assistance with any special requests or reservations.

Reviewed July 12, 2013

We, a European couple with 3 adult children, came here for a special dinner. We were looking forward to a lovely evening untill we ordered a drink. Our children showed a European ID and a Drivers licence, but this was NOT accepted. They had to go to the hotel to get their passport. The manager 'blah blahed' that she was sorry, company policy, I can't read a European ID nor a drivers licence. We, the frustrated parents, sat waiting for our kids to fetch their passports without any complement from the manager. Personally I would have left, but the family wanted to stay. I have NEVER experienced such horrible service in the States. The manager had ample opportunity to do something to be agreeable but she was/is very incompitent. Europens: be ware!

Good afternoon,

Thank you for dining with us and for sharing your comments here on Trip Advisor. I'm so sorry to hear that our manager didn't handle checking the IDs of your family with more hospitality and grace. While it is our company policy to only accept passports I agree with you that we should have handled it more agreeably. Please allow me to apologize on behalf of Geoff and the entire team.

We have reviewed the missteps with the manager and are working with her to provide a higher level of hospitality to our guests. It is only through feedback like yours that we can continue to improve so thank you again for sharing. Please let me know if I may further assist in any way.

Reviewed July 2, 2013

The service at Lia's was worse than indifferent - the wait person seemed to forget about our table for long periods at a time. The appetizers were delivered to the table at completely different times, with one person's salad arriving a full 30 minutes before anyone else's soup or salad. (We were at the restaurant on a Tuesday night and it was not particularly crowded.) The chef demonstrated the same lack of regard as the wait staff. It seemed like more than one item on the menu overused olives. The pasta tasted like it was frozen, not homemade.

Courtney F, Guest Relations Manager at Lia's, responded to this reviewResponded July 5, 2013

Good afternoon,

Thank you for dining with us and for sharing your feedback on Trip Advisor. I'm so sorry to hear about your disappointing experience. It sounds like we missed the mark in both food and service. I have shared your notes with our entire chef and management team and we are taking steps to address our mistakes. It is only through guest feedback like yours that we can continue to improve, so thank you again for sharing.

I do hope that you will dine with us again and let me know when you do so that I can personally ensure your next experience is great. Please also let me know if I may be of further assistance in any way.

Reviewed June 26, 2013

Had the lasagna, it was unusual/different but good. Nice outdoor seating, prices reasonable for the quality.

Good afternoon,

Thank you for dining with us and for sharing your nice comments here on Trip Advisor. I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed your visit! We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future. Please let me know if I may be of assistance with any special requests or reservations.