“Italian”
Review of Lia's

Lia's
Reserve with OpenTable
Lia's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 32 Restaurants in Chevy Chase
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Wisconsin Avenue
Transit: Friendship Heights metro (red line) located 1 block away on cross streets Western Avenue and Wisconsin Avenue. Walk one block north on Wisconsin Avenue to Willard and we are at 4435 Willard Avenue in the Ritz-Carlton building. Look for our outdoor patio and red awnings.
Description: Enjoy Chef Geoff's genuine hospitality and casual cuisine with an Italian flair. Lia’s is a neighborhood restaurant in the heart of Chevy Chase. Come for a glass of wine, hand tossed pizzas, fresh pasta, or charcuterie and cheese, and the result will be the same. You'll be back for more. Join us on Sundays for brunch and every Monday for half price wines. Enjoy our ever-popular happy hour daily from 3pm to 7pm and all night on Monday and Tuesday. An eighty seat patio provides some of the best outdoor dining in the area. We truly have something for everyone and look forward to welcoming you. Cheers! Chef Geoff
Reviewed May 28, 2013

What a meal! Outstanding Italian Meal. Even took some EVOO home. Mussels were great. Pasta's really really good. Especially Black Pepper Pappardelle. I think I spelled that wrong. It's a wide, thick pasta.

Reviewed May 27, 2013 via mobile

We love Chef Geoff and were looking forward to Mother's Day brunch at Lia's. There was a limited menu. The prices were high and the service spotty. My husband's pouched egg was overcooked. One of mine was too. The waiter was not knowledgable of the menu items or the ala carte pricing. It was overall a poor introduction to Lia's.

Reviewed May 6, 2013

While I wish we could have sat outside on this chilly evening, it was warm and welcoming inside at Lia's for their twilight dinner: 3 courses for $19.95 and because we were there on a Monday night, all bottles of wine were half off. Two enormous salads (Caesar and fatoush) started off the meal, followed by an expertly prepared 8 oz center fillet of salmon and the chicken limoncello (quite tasty, but could have used a lemon punch perhaps with some grated zest in the sauce). Dessert was 2 (!) chocolate cannolis and 4 (!) ricotta donuts with lemon sauce. Carlos, our server, was just lovely; the water glasses were filled regularly; and the room is elegant without being stuffy. We'll be back--and a five minute walk from home can't be beat.

Reviewed April 9, 2013

I have been to Lia's a number of times over the years, most recently a few nights ago to treat a friend for her birthday, and I always love it. There were three of us, and we each had excellent meals. I had the arugula salad, which is quite simple - just a little lemony dressing and slices of parmesan cheese - and really showcases the flavor of the arugula, and then I had the asparagus risotto, which was out of this world. My dining companions had the balsamic greens, and I could smell the fresh dill across the table (I almost wish I had ordered that), the special bucatini pasta, which was prepared carbonara style, and a burger - they each thoroughly enjoyed their meals. We shared the flourless chocolate cake for dessert (it comes with pistachio ice cream, which I don't like, but we were able to substitute chocolate ice cream). The cake was divine. Our bill was quite reasonable - two salads, two pricey entrees, one burger, one dessert, and three glasses of wine for about $110, which seems pretty reasonable for what I consider to be a festive, special place with excellent food.

Our waitress was wonderful, and although it took a while for our entree to come out, she kept us posted and apologized for the delay. We were having a nice time so didn't mind, but I bet if we had seemed more cranky, she might have offered to comp us our drinks or something. The restaurant is lovely inside and not too noisy, even when full.

We also noticed a fabulous-looking twilight special - $19.95 for three courses between 4 and 6:30 pm, and also that they have happy hour every day, and the menu has a good variety of choices, not just drinks but also a nice selection of appetizers, burgers, and pizzas. Definitely a great bet for an inexpensive, early dinner (happy hour in the bar only, but the twilight menu you can dine in the restaurant).

I have to disagree with the review entitled "Very limited menu." There are a wide variety of options, from charcuterie and cheese and nice salads and appetizers to burgers and sandwiches, pizzas, and more expensive entrees. I think it's one of the best menus anywhere - if you want elegant, you've got it, but if you want something more low-key, they have that too. (If you're unsure, check out the menu online.)

I will continue to go to Lia's, for everything from a casual meal in the bar to a special occasion meal.

Reviewed April 7, 2013

O.k., so we were looking for an awesome Italian restaurant for families. Someone told us to try Lia's. Well, family friendly it is not. The menu is extremely limited and very pricey. The food is tasty and the service is very good. If you are looking for a family friendly restaurant go elsewhere, romantic dinner for two this is your place.