“Good ole clydes”

Clyde's of Chevy Chase
Reserve with OpenTable
Clyde's of Chevy Chase is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 33 Restaurants in Chevy Chase
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Bar
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Willard Avenue
Transit: Red Line, Friendships Heights Metro
Description: The opening of Clyde's of Chevy Chase in 1995 brought more than just a fine dining experience to this growing Washington location. Situated in the heart of a prominent shopping district, this fascinating site celebrates the golden age of travel with steamships, planes and the Orient Express inside the two-level, 500 seat restaurant. Flavorful, fresh ingredients are used to prepare American style cuisine in the Travel Rooms on the main level, or in the casual atmosphere of the downstairs Race Bar and Dining Room.
Reviewed October 1, 2012

There fish and chips I liked
The atmosphere I like , It is no mean feat to keep up the standards that Clydes's have managed over the years.

Reviewed October 1, 2012

We ate at Clyde's with a group of 10. The food was decent and the service was very good. I had the lobster roll and, although it wasn't great - it was fine. The group had a good time.

Reviewed September 30, 2012

Food was great, service was excellent and the prices are reasonable for what you get and the atmopsher of the restaurant.

Reviewed September 5, 2012

I tried this location over the weekend. I mostly frequent the Georgetown location. Honestly, I was not a fan of the Chevy Chase Clyde's. It is huge and has a different menu. I don't believe the quality of the food is nearly as good as some of the other locations. For example, I ordered a crab cake. It smelled like a chemical and did not taste good at all. The potatoes it was served with were not done. I sent it back and ordered a quick pasta dish in its place. The manager was kind enough to remove the appetizer from our bill. I am not sure I will visit this location again.

Reviewed September 2, 2012

The food is always well prepared and tasty. Good bread and good desserts. I don't think you can go wrong.