“Tasty Kababs - Friendly Place”

Moby Dick House of Kabob
Ranked #13 of 32 Restaurants in Chevy Chase
Cuisines: Delicatessen
Reviewed January 25, 2013

I really enjoyed my lunch at this little place. I was dining alone and they really made me feel welcome. Very attentive. The kabab I had was delicious. Everything tasted fresh. The place was very busy but kept very clean. The long line told me it would be good, but I was really surprised how good.

Reviewed January 20, 2013

This is an extremely casual place, but it is fast and good. We were told the wait at the Lebanese Taverna would be an hour, so we came here and had similar food, right away, and probably much cheaper. We had some excellent hummus and flat bread and then we had chicken kabobs. They came with rice and grilled tomatoes and tzatziki sauce. The chicken had been marinated in something that left it very tender. Yummy!

Reviewed September 1, 2012

Had to work but still wanted to treat a dear young family member to dinner at our house. Picked up 3 kabob dinners that were ready in 10 min and was home serving one of her favorites in 15 minutes. Always great food, well prices and you must try! We r regulars as our guest had been growing up here....four yrs of college & she had missed Moby Dicks!

Reviewed August 31, 2012

We live in the area and have been to the Bethesda Moby Dick several times. Their food has generally been good and our first experience with the swordfish kabob was positive. The second time we ordered the swordfish it was extremely overcooked and also was not fresh. We brought the overcooking to the attention of the cashier and he said we should have told them how we like our fish cooked—as though it were a steak, and as though it would not be his job to ask. Perhaps one of our two experiences with the swordfish was a fluke (don’t know whether the properly cooked fish or the overcooked fish was the fluke). What we do know is that the staff showed a total lack of understanding about serving swordfish.

Reviewed April 30, 2012

Good value and good food. It is exactly what I want at times and they have a carry out menu which I like.