“Very good food and service in an extremely nice atmosphere”
Review of The Capital Grille

The Capital Grille
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 33 Restaurants in Chevy Chase
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Wisconsin
Reviewed August 1, 2013

My wife and I had lunch there today. I had been to several other locations and have always been happy with the result. We did Restaurant Week for lunch. We each had a bowl of clam chowder which was good, the sirloin was a bit overcooked as per our instructions but still very good and a salad which went perfectly with it. The chocolate cake for dessert was rich and tasty as expected (I'm glad it was a very small piece as I would have eaten all of it no matter what the size). Service would have been extremely good except that we could not find our server for quite awhile at the end of the meal and had to get someone else to find him. He got the usual 20% tip before taxes but probably should have gotten a bit less. Maybe it was the plush atmosphere.

Reviewed July 27, 2013

I've been here a couple of times, however this review is based on my most recent experience.

Myself and a colleague decided to eat here on our last night in DC, and we both fancied a decent steak. We sat outside as the weather was nice, and were promptly served,

We ordered some wine, and of course steaks with sides. I ordered the Delmonico rubbed with porcini mushroom and balsamic, medium rare, and my colleague sliced fillet. We ordered sides of truffled fries and parmesan, tomato salad, and sauteed spinach. My colleagues meal was spot on, mine was unfortunatel severly overcooked. For a $50 steak I immediately complained. There was no argument from the server who immediately went to replace it.

The second steak took around 10 mins to arrive, by which time my collegue was most of the way through his steaks and the sides had gone cold. When the replacement arrived, the server also agreed to new sides. Unfortunately my steak was quite severely undercooked, and being a fatty cut it needs a little bit of cooking, hence asking for medium rare. I munched through the more cooked bits but mentioned it to the server who happily agreed to comp my steak.

Whilst the cooking of my meat was disappointing, I can't complain about the service. We were also given a free cheesecake which was actually to die for.

Reviewed July 26, 2013

This is a restaurant that has the ambience of a private club. The food is excellent, the service is attentive, but the prices are on the high side. You do not always get what you pay for but the Grille delivers a memorable meal.

Reviewed June 26, 2013

Good food , but the price is high and there more reasonable quality options in the area. Each item is a separate purchase. If you need a quality steak, and have a fat wallet, good place to go.

Reviewed June 8, 2013

We had a large family gathering. Because of traffic, we arrived irregularly. We called our order in; the staff did an excellent job of holding our order (we were the late ones), and treated us most graciously.
French fries with trouffle infused oil...most excellent!
Very good NE clam chowder.
Excellent, small sirloin, tender enough, rich enough that the probably 6 oz portion was enough for one who usually gets 16 ozs.
Overall, sauces were especially fine.
Everyone around me raved about their meals...this was lunch.
It was a full restaurant, but they moved customers along without us feeling at all rushed.
Validated parking. One could comfortably wear casual dress up to dressy dress and would feel comfortable.