“Good Japanese Food not just Sushi” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sushi Ko - Chevy Chase

Sushi Ko - Chevy Chase
Reserve with OpenTable
Sushi Ko - Chevy Chase is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 32 Restaurants in Chevy Chase
Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi, Asian
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Validated Parking, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Western
Transit: Friendship Heights Metro station on the Red Line
Woodstock, Georgia
“Good Japanese Food not just Sushi”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2013

Have had good sushi and other dishes here. Service is good, and the drink selection is good and reasonable. The only thing I didn't like was that they didn't offer Suracha sauce by policy. I, of course love that with Sushi.

Visited May 2013

California/Italy
“Pre-made rolls but good service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2013

Recommended by our hotel, we headed off to Sushi Ko anticipating sushi after a year in Italy where good sushi is rare. We did not find it at Sushi Ko, sorry to say. The tempura roll was soggy and the rice on the outside of the roll was glued to the seaweed....no individual grains common in freshly made sushi rolls. The rainbow roll, highly anticipated because of the various fish typically used, was full of avocado. The seaweed salad was strange, from my point of view...spinach below the seaweed and a cream dressing; good taste but it seemed somehow soggy and I actually prefer the seaweed salad served at our local sushi restaurant in Italy. Not sure what that means! My daughter filled out the evaluation form left in the payment folder.....food got a two and service a five. That's about right.

• Visited June 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Washington, DC
“Good food, but always leave hungry”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2013

Good sushi and mushroom soup, great black sesame ice cream. Beautiful food presentation and interior decor. Chicken teriyaki seems salty; I order this to fill me up. Easy to park.

Visited November 2012
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Great vegetarian and crab sushi”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2013

This is my favorite restaurant at which to refuel while shopping in Friendship Heights. It's a very chill place, quiet enough for easy conversation both inside and out (on the small sidewalk seating area outside). As a lover of vegetarian sushi and crab-based sushi, I appreciate Sushi-Ko's excellent choices for both. In particular, I could eat zillions of pieces of their shiitake mushroom nigiri and jumbo lump crab sushi and still want zillions more. Service is generally friendly, but can be a little spacey (your server may disappear periodically). But I've always been happy with my sushi here.

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Washington, DC
“Always fresh, always stimulating”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

We've gone there a lot because we live in the neighborhood ... One night, after I'd had a discussion with my boyfriend, the waiter noted that "Chelsea Clinton is dining with us tonight ..." I won the argument!

Visited July 2012