“Renovated Room”

Wyndham Garden Washington DC North BW Parkway
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Cheverly
“Renovated Room”
Reviewed September 5, 2013

We were lucky to get one if the Renovated Rooms. Large Clean Room with a 32" TV. The Hotel Shuttle to the Train Station was also a convenient way to get into Washington, DC. the Staff was Courteous and the breakfast was a good way to start off your Day. If I was in the area again I would not hesitate to stay again.

• Stayed August 2013
Sarah G, Manager at Wyndham Garden Washington DC North BW Parkway, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
Dear Guest; Thank you for the very kind review, we are delighted to see you enjoyed your stay and found the accommodations and amenities a great fit for your needs. We look forward to seeing you again the next time you are in the area. Thank you again for your review and business.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
New York City, New York
Reviewed September 3, 2013

First of all, when I got there with my friends and family, I had brought my dog with me and they charged me an extra $35. When the guy in the front desk gave me my key to my room, he said that the floor I got was for " family with pets." I got the first floor so i went downstairs, when I got to my room, they were still cleaning it. I waited 30 mins outside my room till they finished cleaning. One of my friends got the same floor as I did and they didn't have a pet. So much for the floor being " family with pets." When my friend entered the her room she got out immediately, she said that it smelled like cigarettes and the room was dirty and there was no air conditioning. When I FINALLY went I inside my room, I thought It was perfect. But over the night there was NOO air conditioning so it was REALLY HOT in my room, I tried opening the window but it wouldn't open. I went to complain to the front desk and they said that they couldn't do nothing about it. The next morning I left with my friends to go see a museum so I left my dog in the room. When I came back my dog was seriously about to have a stroke,it was hotter than before, and no one came in to the room to clean, my dog is a Shih-Tzu and shes a puppy. That's when we all decided to leave. We found out that the air conditioner was broken and that they have moved almost everyone to a different building. They didn't bother telling us to move. We asked for our money back and he said that he couldn't do anything. We asked fora receipt and he said no. We finally left and we decided to go to Days INN which was only a couple further than Howard Johnson.So much better hotel. Never again am I going back to this hotel, even if it was the only hotel in Maryland.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Sarah G, Manager at Wyndham Garden Washington DC North BW Parkway, responded to this review, September 4, 2013
Dear Guest; Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We appreciate you bringing these matters to our attention and after further review with the hotel I was informed the air conditioning unit was out of order for a brief time but repaired and running again within 24 hours. We were unable to move you to a different building because that wing does not have pet friendly rooms. I also asked why were unable to clean your room and was informed for the safety of the employees if the pet is not in a crate or properly secure or seems aggressive in any way we cannot enter the room to clean it. We understand you had an unpleasant experience as our guest and we do apologize for the issues you faced and the inconvenience of leaving our hotel and having to find other accommodations. Thank you again for being our guest, while we cannot take back your experience, we can move forward and work on ways to improve upon our communication with other guests.

Travelers are raving about these Cheverly hotels

Reviewed August 24, 2013

This hotel was fairly easy to find, right off the main drag road. I can get lost in my.hometown....so finding anything can be a challenge..if I can do it...anyone can! My 7 year old son and I stayed here for our very first family vacation. Front desk staff was awesome. Over the three days I met four of them. They were absolutely friendly and willing to help all of the guests. First night, the gentleman had a metro map and info on how to use the metro system. At the hotel, they have a shuttle to the metro station. Its easy. Shuttle leaves every hour on the hour. You write your room number on the list as to what time you want to go. Hop on the shuttle and 15 minutes later, your on the train. On the way back, you call the hotel when youre three stations away (about 10 minutes ) amd they pick you up. Drivers are courteous and safe. Even the meteo station was fine. I didn't feel scared or unsafe there...and I'm a single mom country bumpkin :)
Pool was great. Wish the hours included some morning time while the sun was up..but no huge deal. Free breakfast ans dinner was perfect! My son happily ate both nights and all three breakfasts. All in all hojo made this trip a great one, at a great value. We will be back :)

• Stayed August 2013
Sarah G, Manager at Wyndham Garden Washington DC North BW Parkway, responded to this review, August 26, 2013
Dear Guests; Thank you for the wonderful 5 star review! We appreciate you selecting the Howard Johnson Washington DC North as your place to stay for your family vacation. Delighted to know that you found the hotel, accommodations, amenities and staff all to exceeded your expectations. We look forward to welcoming you back next year if not sooner.
Tirana, Albania
Reviewed August 15, 2013

Very old hotel, with dated furniture, dirty carpet. The bathroom was full of spots, with a dirty plastic curtain. The window can not be open (so no fresh air). A basic breakfast served in a dirty, small room. They have a courtesy shuttle bus to the metro station, but when we decided to use this service we called 30 min before and we waited for about 1 hour for the bus at the metro station with our baby.
This hotel is in the middle of no where, so if you would like to visit Washington choose an other one. There are different very nice hotels in the center cheaper than HJ.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank DarlinP
Sarah G, Manager at Wyndham Garden Washington DC North BW Parkway, responded to this review, August 16, 2013
Dear Guests; Thank you for your feedback. We would like to apologize that the experience you had was not reflective of the very high brand standards that we adhere too every day for every guest. We understand due to the issues you had, it led to an unsatisfactory stay and we appreciate you sharing your concerns with us. We will look into these further and make the necessary changes moving forward. Thank you again for your review.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cheverly
Holiday Inn Express Washington DC - BW Parkway
Metro Points Hotel - Washington North
Courtyard New Carrollton Landover
Days Inn Washington DC/Connecticut Avenue
Days Inn Washington DC/Connectic...
#114 of 140 in Washington DC
3.5 of 5 bubbles 1,705 reviews
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Largo/Washington DC
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Washington DC-Northeast
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suit...
#109 of 140 in Washington DC

Been to Wyndham Garden Washington DC North BW Parkway? Share your experiences!