“Father's Day Escape”

GreenLeadersGold level
Allentown, NJ
“Father's Day Escape”
Reviewed June 30, 2006

Right after church, my wife pulled out a postcard promoting a special at the Brampton INN. She had wanted to go back there ever since our first stay on New Year's Eve of 2006. It is one of the most romantic and relaxing places that we have ever stayed in, and we've been to many B&Bs here and abroad.

I looked at the postcard and said "yes, darling, we do have to make plans to go again." She said , "Well, we already have reservations, today. I'm taking you away for two nights . I have your bags packed. Everything has been taken care of."

Wow. I was blown away and the two days were just what the Doctor ordered: Relaxation, rejuventaion, rest, quiet, peace; A great room (the Yellow Room) our favorite, although we haven't tried any of the others yet. We just fell in love with this one. I would also like to second the opinion of a previous reviewer who commented on the sheets.: They are heaven to sleep in.
I don't belive there is anything that the innkeepers wouldn't do to assure your comfort. They are so accomodating. Truly our favorite place to get away.

Stayed June 2006
4 Thank Doug G

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (130)
Baltimore, MD
Reviewed June 28, 2006

I have to admit that when I first went to Trip Advisor and saw that the Brampton Inn B&B had ALL 5 star ratings, I was a little skeptical; but it really is that good. My wife and I have traveled to B&Bs in several states and I can say that the Brampton Inn is really a class act. We stayed in the Yellow Room where there are 600 count cotton sheets on a Sealy pillow top mattress. The room is spacious and the bathroom has a great deal of room also. The inn keeper, Danielle, and the manager, Rita were very friendly and pleasant no matter when we encountered them. There are sherry and cookies in the den throughout the day. A lovely tea is served at 4pm, and there are several games and books in the library. The grounds and garden are delightful and there is plenty of parking space. There is a large porch with padded couches and rockers. I bought the birthday package of cake and roses for my wife. They were presented with breakfast on the requested day in a very pleasant manner without embarassing singing. So, as you can see, we have joined the 5 star rating group.

• Stayed June 2006
3 Thank marylandtraveler2
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed March 11, 2006

We just spent an absolutely relaxing and rejuvenating weekend at The Brampton Inn. If you enjoy top of the line service, accomodations, impeccably clean surroundings and scrumptious meals - this is the place for you! My husband and I had the pleasure of trying two rooms and loved them both. The Fairy Hill Suite is so special and quaint. The 2 story design gives the feel of an apartment but still has the warmth and character of a very romantic getaway room. The fireplace is great and we even had breakfast delivered to our room for a wonderfully private and delicious start to the day. The Brampton has all the amenities in the room of any top of the line hotel but it gives the personal hospitality that can't be provided by the large establishments. It is obvious that they give a lot of attention to details and the rooms are the cleanest I've ever visited and I'm very picky! The sheets there are awesome - you have to feel them to understand. We are planning which room to book for our next visit and have passed out brochures to our friends! Danielle and Michael are very personable innkeepers.

• Stayed March 2006
4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed October 31, 2005

I took my boyfriend to the Brampton for a little relaxion for his birthday. What I found, was that I got what I intended and much more. Although we only stayed 2 nights, it was just the rest we needed. We stayed in the Sunset Cottage which was immaculate. Every detail from the towels to the bed sheets seemed specially chosen. Danielle is an excellent cook. Especially the baked goods; they are phenomenal. Breakfast left me feeling full and refreshed instead of weighed down and tierd. The grounds themselves are beautiful, and just driving up to the main house is breathtaking. We loved walking the extent of the property and finding the hidden treasures of the past. Chestertown is beautiful as well. The houses are full of history and exellent craftmanship. Just like the Brampton. The only thing I would caution is that the town is very peaceful, if you are looking for anything besides peace and relaxation, I would suggest a different town for nightlife. But other than that, the Brampton is perfect, and so are it's keepers. If you get the chance, spend a weekend here, you will be extremely pleased!

• Stayed October 2005
8 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chestertown
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Chestertown
#2 of 11 in Chestertown
The Inn at Osprey Point
The Inn at Osprey Point
#1 of 10 in Rock Hall

Been to Brampton Bed and Breakfast Inn? Share your experiences!