“Olivia's Cottage is the Garden of Eden”

and 1 more site!
Brampton Bed and Breakfast Inn
Ranked #1 of 11 Chestertown B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed June 8, 2014 via mobile

Supremely private, luxurious, lush garden cottage with decadent breakfasts delivered each morning makes for a remarkably romantic get-away. Nearby Chesterton is a quaint little town with cute stores and yummy restaurants, and area marinas offer sailing and sunset cruises. Best R&R trip ever!

Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
danithode, Owner at Brampton Bed and Breakfast Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2014

Thank you!

Reviewed June 6, 2014

My husband and I were returning South after a week in New York and wanted to stay in the Chesapeake Bay area in hopes of finding a spot that offered soft shell crabs (our favorite!). We read about the The Brampton Bed and Breakfast Inn on Tripadvisor and booked our stay. We were greeted by our hostess who had done a bit of R&D to determine which restaurants in the area would have these on their menu…very thoughtful of her. The property is remote but lush and beautiful. As we were only there for a quick one night stay, we reserved Sophie's Suite in the main building. It was on the second floor, was very cozy and clean with a very comfortable bed. It has a small sitting room with a television. Breakfast was nothing short of spectacular….delectable homemade blueberry muffins on the table when we sat down, followed by grilled pineapple and then a choice of traditional eggs and bacon, a large pancake topped with strawberries and one other selection that I cannot remember. We had the dining room to ourselves and felt like we were in our own home. We are not always keen on bed and breakfast properties but this one was simply lovely in every way! Only wished that we could have had the time to luxuriate on the lovely front porch and enjoy the view!

Room Tip: Sophie's Suite is at the top of the stairs in the front hallway of the main inn. There is no el...
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank ChathamR

The soft shell crab is a treat enjoyed during late spring and early summer. We are so glad you had a chance to enjoy them during the short period when they are available.

Reviewed May 31, 2014

The first thing you notice as you drive up to the Brampton is the massive brick plantation house and the amazing front porch. It reminded me of the plantation houses near Savannah. This was our second visit to the Brampton and it was every bit as enjoyable as the first. We love historic properties, and this one has that well covered. We stayed in the Fairy Hill Suite this trip. It was too warm to enjoy the large woodburning fireplace, but I bet it's really a treat in winter. This suite has a downstairs sitting room, with the bedroom and bathroom upstairs. Windows overlook the lush gardens. A cozy den on the main floor has home-made cookies and hot beverages available at all times, and a more formal library invites you to sit and read. The front porch has several seating areas and in warmer weather is the perfect place to share a bottle of wine and some fruit and cheese before going out for dinner. Breakfast is a feast, accompanied by fresh baked scones or muffins. The innkeepers offered two choices of main dish each morning, or you can have eggs cooked to order. They were also very gracious about accommodating my husband's need for a gluten-free meal. The staff were all very helpful, including making us a dinner reservation at the Kitchen at Rock Hall. Downtown Chestertown is charming, with numerous historic buildings and several delightful shops, including my personal favorite - a used book store. It's amazing to find such peace and quiet so close and convenient to major cities.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Woiyvonne

Thank you for your compliments and kind words. We are delighted to hear your that your second visit was as enjoyable as the first one.

Reviewed May 28, 2014

I have wanted to stay at the Brampton for a long time, having heard so many friends and colleagues rave, and I finally had my opportunity earlier this month. I anticipated being totally charmed, and I most certainly was. Just driving onto the lush property, under an arch of greenery, was enchanting. Assistant Innkeeper Rita welcomed me warmly and took me to my peaceful and most comfortable room -- The Blue Room. Comfort and elegance were the keys -- high ceiling, long windows, comfortable chairs, and most wonderful of all was the bed and pillows. And the multi-headed shower! I awoke to the sound of birds, who were just as thrilled to be there as I was. Danielle and Michael, the innkeepers, made sure everything was perfect and were always available to ensure a great stay. The dining room, where I enjoyed a creative breakfast, was warm and welcoming. And then there was the spacious porch and the gardens. At Brampton Inn I felt truly welcome and at peace.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
danithode, Owner at Brampton Bed and Breakfast Inn, responded to this reviewResponded June 23, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review the Brampton. It's wonderful to hear that you enjoyed your visit. Please come back soon!

Reviewed May 23, 2014

What a magnificent place! Every aspect, every detail, strikes just the right note of perfection. The gardens are beautiful, and the gorgeous peonies were in bloom. I could have enjoyed idling away hours on the grand front porch. A two night stay is just not long enough!
I stayed in the Red Room in the main house. Spacious, beautiful, and an amazing shower with body sprays.
The food, from the cookies and biscotti, to the lovely breakfasts is awesome. The owner, Danielle, is one of the Eight Broads in the Kitchen, and I would never tire of her breakfasts.
Thank you for a wonderful stay!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
danithode, Owner at Brampton Bed and Breakfast Inn, responded to this reviewResponded May 26, 2014

Thank you for your wonderful review. I am indeed a proud member of the 8 Broads in the Kitchen. Food is a big part of what we offer at the Brampton and nothing pleases me more than to know that our guests enjoyed breakfast and afternoon tea as much as the comfort of their rooms.

Reviewed May 22, 2014

From the minute that I entered the driveway, I knew this was a special place. In fact, as you drive in, your breath leaves you for a minute since it is so perfectly beautiful. It is serene and green and the flowers abound.
The Inn itself is missing nothing----not one thing. First and foremost, this Inn is absolutely immaculate. I felt as though I was sleeping on brand new sheets and the towels were beautiful and fluffy.
The bed was so wonderful that for the first time in years, I overslept. And barely moved all night.
The shower is more than you could ever ask for and I do believe that I would love to have a towel warmer in my OWN bathroom at home.
In the den was a great assortment of tea and lovely homemade cookies
Breakfast was delightful---from the iced water on the table to the homemade jam. Cherry scones could have snuck right into my pocket!
Danielle, MIchael, Rita and Lucas were wonderful hosts and hostesses.
Cannot wait to return to this little piece of heaven and continue all that Brampton has to offer.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business

Thank you. You really made my day with this fantastic review!

Reviewed May 17, 2014

We have stayed there twice now and had two really good experiences. The staff were always very kind and the food was delicious.

We stayed in the Mulberry and Olivia's Meadow cottages and would recommend them highly for couples who want a weekend oasis.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your kind review. Both Mulberry and Olivia's Cottage are quintessential romantic oases geared towards couples in need of a quiet and private getaway. We love pampering our guests!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Chestertown
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Chestertown
#1 of 10 in Rock Hall
The Inn at Mitchell House
The Inn at Mitchell House
#4 of 11 in Chestertown

Been to Brampton Bed and Breakfast Inn? Share your experiences!