“Good place for fried food & a beer”
Review of Blue Bird Tavern

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Blue Bird Tavern
Ranked #17 of 46 Restaurants in Chestertown
Cuisines: American
Reviewed March 6, 2014

My Dad and I meet here occasionally for some comfort food & cold beers. It has a very casual, honkytonk environment including a large U-shaped bar and a billiards table. I would recommend sticking to the classics on the menu - hot dogs, burgers, chicken fingers & fries reign here.

There are newer reviews for Blue Bird Tavern

Reviewed December 22, 2013

Family bar. Small town feel. Pool tables, juke box, ATM and table top games.
Food was above average, good portions and price. Great place to grab lunch and relax. Horseshoe bar with plenty of choices.
Great staff, attentive and friendly.

Reviewed September 4, 2013

If you looking for some beers in town and a true bar atmosphere, the Blue Bird the place to go. It's sort of a town and college hang out with it's own distinctive yet unassuming vibe. I've never been there when it's been busy but there is usually a steady stream of people coming and going and some interesting bar chatter. There are pool tables but the biggest feature is the huge horseshoe shaped bar. A few tables are scattered around the periphery. They have a decent but predicable beer selection, the standard alcohol selection and do offer some food. Honestly, I've only ever been here for beers and its not a bad place to hang for a low key evening.

Reviewed June 18, 2013

The restaurant was small but very intimate. We had our anniversary dinner there and it did not disappoint us. The culinary flare was great along with our wine paring. The staff was great.

Reviewed January 26, 2013

I normally don't write reviews about local establishments... mainly because it's difficult to explain to folks you know why you didn't give them 5 stars. But... I'm making an exception with the Blue Bird.

It's a bar... where locals meet, drink and eat... and Washington College students drop by later in the day. There's a nice selection of drafts, including Angry Orchard cider, and a nice selection of bottles. The food is bar food all the way... with some very tasty sandwiches... all prepared to order.

I'm partial to sitting at the bar... at the left end. When you order food... and the barkeep (they're especially friendly) doesn't know your name... 'left end' goes on your order ticket so the kitchen knows where to deliver your food. There are tables and a billiards room... plus a few TV's. And a juke box for music.

Except for the 'no smoking' this is one of the more authentic Eastern Shore bars still around. These are the kind of places I search out when I travel. I'm lucky in that I have one of the best in my backyard.

1  Thank Hokie67