“not to be missed if you're in this town”

Evergrain Bread Company
Ranked #1 of 3 Bakeries in Chestertown
Reviewed August 8, 2013

They had great bakery goods and sandwiches served in a lovely cafe atmosphere. Very frendly place.I would highly recommend it.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

This bakery is so good I had to write a second review about it. We went back this visit for lunch and I had a turkey pesto sandwich- YUM! The sun buns were very good and the baguettes and all of their bread is amazing. The blueberry muffin was okay.

1  Thank apotter01
Reviewed July 25, 2013

Probably the best croissants and cappuccino I have had.

I got hooked on strong coffee (I noted one reviewer had a problem with the "bitter" taste...that is the taste I look for) as a student in Paris for three years in the 1960's and I would treat myself to croissants on Sunday on my student budget. The Evergrain version is even better than what I remember in Paris.

See http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7zdYKn2RJo for how they make them at Evergrain.

They no longer do their quiche Lorraine at Evergrain...it was to die for. Maybe they will bring it back.

We go at least once a week for breakfast.

Reviewed June 3, 2013

Love the sun buns, coffee cake, bagels, bread, scones. Weekly stop during the summer. Getting very big now.

Reviewed May 26, 2013

I find the products terribly over-priced: $7 for a loaf of bread?
For a bread maker, I think the selection could be better: only two types of bread for sale? really?
I always find the attitude a bit uppity.

3  Thank J P