“Wonderful Experience” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Lemon Leaf Cafe

Lemon Leaf Cafe
Ranked #1 of 43 Restaurants in Chestertown
Cuisines: American, Cafe, Soups
Good for: Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children, Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Finksburg, Maryland
“Wonderful Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2013

It was our pleasure to have lunch at the Lemon Leaf on our ween-end in Chestertown. We entered without knowing much about the restaurant, but left wanting to return for dinner. The restaurant was so crowded, but the service fantastic! And I recommend their crab cake salad. It was truly the best crab cake I have ever eaten AND I have had many in various trips on the Eastern Shore. Just can't say enough about this special restaurant - definitely will eat there again.

Johnson City, Tennessee
“Nice place for lunch.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2013

Crab cakes were good, but I have had better, to be honest. Great service and a decent boutique restaurant, for sure.

Visited June 2013
New Jersey
“Delicious Crab Cakes”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2013

We went to the Lemon Leaf Cafe on the recommendation of Tripadvisor, and we were not disappointed. It's a small place in the heart of Chestertown, just steps from Washington College and a number of charming shops. We ordered the crab cakes, and were delighted with them. I make my own, and think they're pretty good, but these are definitely delicious - pure, unadulterated lump crab, served on a kaiser roll that was not bulky at all. It was served with chips that were not very good, though. Perhaps another side would be better to round out the meal. We did not partake of the desserts, but learned that they are worth having, so if we return, we will definitely try them!

1 Thank Carter M
Annapolis, Maryland
“Perfection”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

Three of us had lunch there on Sat. July 5th. There was a brief (5 minute) wait since it was around 2:00PM when we arrived. It was so hot that you couldn't sit outside and that eliminated a lot of seating. The restaurant inside is small, but the hostess was delightful and our brief wait was well worth it (I would wait an hour if I had to so that I could eat there!!!!).
The lunch special was crab cake , either on a salad or as a sandwich with chips ($16.99). Two of us got it with the salad. Another diner had told me it was the best crab cake he ever had and I agree with him totally. It was all crab meat, I don't know how it held together, The salad was lovely, with carrots, red onions, lettuce, cucumbers, great tasting tomatoes and yummy ranch dressing. My other friend (who has food sensitivity) ordered a classic turkey on wheat and it was "real turkey".
Our waitress, Missy was absolutely delightful. She had been there since breakfast (they serve breakfast, lunch and dinner)and she was going to be there for dinner too!. I have no idea how she remained so cheerful, but it really added to our dining experience.
When I didn't think it could get any better, it did. The desserts are "to die for". We had The Peach Cobbler, served in an enormous glass with ice cream, fresh peaches and the pastry on the bottom (definitely enough to share, but you won't want to). I am still thinking about it 2 days later. We also had the brownie with ice cream, whipped cream and chocolate sauce. I have never, really never tasted a brownie as delicious. You have to try it to know what I mean. The people at the next table had ordered both desserts and had tried to explain the brownie to us, but it has to tried to be believed. I have been thinking about that for 2 days too!
I intend to take the trip from Annapolis to Chestertown at least once a month to have lunch there and try the other yummy things on the menu, Next time I think I will have the shrimp salad and the Apple crisp or maybe the rice pudding or maybe the brownie or maybe the peach cobbler again. Can't wait to return

Chesapeake Beach, Maryland
“Straight for the dessert! Check out the photos!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2013

Tripadvisor never fails! We were in Chestertown for a short visit and we wanted a sweet treat. Lemon Leaf Cafe was busy in the late afternoon and the atmosphere was very sweet. (It's a little bit like visiting family or old friends.) We ordered desserts- peach cobbler, apple pie, lemon meringue pie, and coconut cream pie. The crust was light and flaky for the coconut cream and lemon meringue and the peach and apple desserts were served in wine glasses- definitely enough for two to share. (Peach cobbler was my favorite!) I will definitely return as their menu was full of delicious choices that I want to try!

• Visited June 2013