“Best crabcake salad”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed May 5, 2013

A friend and I had lunch there on a Saturday, and were thoroughly delighted with the ambiance and friendly staff. Their special that day was fresh crabcake, made on-site. Delicious on a bed of fresh greens, with sauce on the side. Both of us voted this the best crab cake we had ever had on the Eastern Shore, and would definitely come back--with other friends in tow. The waitress suggested calling ahead for reservations as the place filled up quickly during meal times. We had no problems finding a table, though, having arrived at the cafe at about 1:30pm. The phone number is 443-282-0004. Chestertown is a little over one hour's easy drive from Annapolis.

1  Thank Rima860
There are newer reviews for Lemon Leaf Cafe

Reviewed May 3, 2013

I stopped in for lunch while visiting the town on vacation. The small cafe was very busy but the service was still great. I split a sandwich with my husband and there was more than plenty for both of us. The food was very good. The cafe seems to have a large local following. It was also suggested by our own tour guide for our biking group.

1  Thank duckoutofwater
Reviewed May 1, 2013

My wife and I stopped here for a weekday lunch. The place was pretty much full when we went. The patrons were a broad combination of local business folks, something like the Ladies Auxilliary Club, and ignorant tourists, like myself. And one server. It's not a huge room, but has enought tables to need at least 2-3 servers to take care of adequately.

No matter. While I think she had some help getting drinks and such, the solitary young lady took care of a full house all by herself. Efficiently and with a smile. Just as an observation, I hope she seriously considers shooting for a career as, say, VP of Training in some sort of major hospitality enterprise. She really had it going on and under control.

As for the food, it was lunch and we weren't looking for anything fancy. So we just had sandwiches. Very good, huge portions, priced right (and served up fast).

1  Thank Even_Stephen
Reviewed April 22, 2013

The crab bisque was good as was the lemon meringue pie. Our entrees varied from poor to fair. A steak ordered medium rare came back well done. Vegetables were overcooked. Despite being April the dining room was overly warm. Our server was cordial and gave us a free desert because the steak was overcooked.

Reviewed April 11, 2013

I came to Chestertown with an hour to spare so I found a rare place to park right next to The Lemon Tree Cafe. What a surprise!! It was fantastic. The BEST Cream of Crab Bisque I have ever had. The staff was as friendly as can be and when I got my lunch it was exactly as ordered since I am not able to eat bread. And it was delicious. The restaurant was full of locals, and when I paid my bill I saw on a business card it was voted the best restaurant.. All I can say is, you have my vote. I wish I could have had dinner there. The crabs were done in several ways. I may just have to make a special trip back there and bring my wife.

1  Thank joelay