“wonderful”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Chestertown
Simply Bed and Bread
Ranked #3 of 11 Chestertown B&B and Inns
Reviewed April 28, 2013

We were made most welcome by Cheryl and David. Traveling with my mother and we thoroughly enjoyed our time on the MD eastern shore. Felt like home, including a couple of scrabble games with David. As longtime residents of the area David and Cheryl were able to provide some history and plenty of suggestions for visiting and eating. Chestertown is a delightful historic town with easy walking to restaurants from the B&B. Not that we needed much to eat after hearty breakfasts by Cheryl.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank 19EJS59

Reviewed February 25, 2013

I stayed at Cheryl & David's place this weekend for my Alma mater's annual Birthday Ball. From the start, Cheryl welcomed me to their home with open arms (literally!) and I couldn't have asked for a more wonderful weekend spent in my favorite town. They made me feel like I was home. Cheryl is a FANTASTIC chef/baker and I enjoyed every bite of food that came out of their kitchen. I loved spending time with Cheryl & David. Getting to know them (and chatting for hours after breakfast!) was my favorite part of staying in their home. They've thought of every detail possible in their B&B and they would do anything for their guests :-) I can't wait to go back - I'm already reserving my spot for more weekends when I travel back to Chestertown!

Room Tip: Both rooms are cozy and cute, with lots of charming details and homey treasures. Cheryl & David...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 19, 2013

My wife and I spent the past weekend at Simply Bed & Bread. It was a great experience and I will return sometime to do it again. Cheryl & David's hospitality was excellent and they made us feel like family. It was nice to get away from the busy city and come to a place that welcomes you with open arms. I would recommend this bed & breakfast to anybody looking to get away, relax, and meet two great new people. Be sure to try the cinnamon buns!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 28, 2013

My wife and I just came back from a restful and very enjoyable stay with Cheryl and Dave. They are a warm and friendly couple, and we enjoyed spending time with them. Although one of them was always on hand if we needed anything, we always felt like we had our independence and privacy. Cheryl also gave us excellent recommendations for dining, and we had other interesting conversations together about the arts and our children. It was all very easy and laid back.

The B&B is a cute bungalow on a quiet street near the college. It is near everything in Chestertown. It is true that there is no private bath, but we were the only guests during our stay, so the bath was, in essence, a private bath for us.

The breakfast was delicious, with far more food than I could finish. Cheryl's neighbor, Nancy, helped out with the breakfast service, and she, too, was a warm, down-to-earth person, and we ended up chatting with her for a good bit.

I wholeheartedly recommend this B&B to anyone heading to Chestertown. (The only type of person who might not be a right fit would be someone who cannot climb stairs, as the rooms are on the second floor.)

We look forward to our next visit.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 21, 2013

We had an absolutely marvelous time with Cheryl & David. The breakfast was great and we both came away "stuffed". Amazingly we had both both lost weight when we got home. Thank you so much for making the weekend so memorable.
Andrew & Dorothy

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 1, 2013

We loved our two-night stay at Simply Bed and Bread. Our hosts, Cheryl and Dave, were like extended family and very accomodating. The rooms were spacious, the bed incredibly comfortable(!), and the breakfasts were generous, adventurous and delicious. If you like cookies, this is the place for you. Be prepared to tell Cheryl what your favorite kind is when you make your reservation. Simply Bed and Bread is very near Washington College, and a short, pleasant walk to downtown Chestertown and the waterfront.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 31, 2012

Having selected this B&B on another innkeeper's advice, he has lost a client. My wife and I like unpretentious places, like to feel comfortable, do not object to sharing a bathroom, and do sometimes enjoy being pampered. Cheryl's Six or seven course breakfasts are over the top--what our mothers might have loved to serve us even if we couldn't eat it all. Proximity to the town center is important for us, as well as being near the riverfront and a few very good restaurants.
We also very much like being able to learn about the area from the innkeepers, and being able to have easy conversation. All of these make a stay with Cheryl and David Hoopes' guest house very warming and enjoyable.

Room Tip: Both rooms are fine; one is larger than the other.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family