“Welcoming Home”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Chestertown
Simply Bed and Bread
Ranked #3 of 11 Chestertown B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 28, 2012

I stayed here for an interview with Washington College and from the minute I walked in, I felt like I was a Cheryl and David's long lost nephew. Being there for an interview, my experience probably differed from other guests' a bit. That said, the two of them could not have been more helpful in learning about the area from its traditions and history, to where to eat, and where to live or conversely, not to live if I am hired. The tone was set early on when I was offered some fresh baked cookies soon aft walked upstairs to a wonderful room with a wide selection of books to read (sadly I did not have time to indulge on this trip). After getting settled, I came back downstairs to fresh baked cookies and delightful conversation with my hosts. While this B&B is perfect for those who want to unplug, the TV and internet access are still there if desired. At breakfast the each day, an argument could be made for their being a breakfast and bed - a massive home cooked cinnamon rolls, omelets, fresh baked bread, and homemade granola with yogurt and fruit (and this was the simpler breakfast since I had to go to the interview - she offered to make something more elaborate when I had more time the second morning).

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed July 25, 2012

Far and away the best band b I have stayed in, and I have stayed in many. The house is lovely and the hosts are utterly charming and clearly enjoy what they do. Cheryl is a terrific cook and I was lucky enough to test some of her delicious and unique home made ice cream. Furthermore, she sent me off with a bag of her equally delicious homemade granola. Both Cheryl and Dave could not be more gracious as far as suggesting local historic sites to visit, restaurants, etc. After being there only one night I felt as though I had known them for a long time. If you visit Chestertown, this is definitely the place to stay.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Darcy D
Reviewed July 22, 2012

My husband and I visited Chestertown, Md., for a weekend away from the city and booked our stay at Simply Bed and Bread based on the many excellent reviews. And we were not disappointed! Upon booking the reservation, Cheryl called to see what our favorite breakfast foods were, favorite cookies to eat upon arrival, and other preferences. This hospitality extended during our stay - every effort was made to make us feel at home, including fresh cookies daily, the basket of goodies in our room, the "butler's pantry" in case we forgot any toiletries - David even took the time to pump up the tires in their tandem bike in case we wanted to take it for a ride around town.

Also, bring your appetite! Cheryl cooks up some of the most amazing breakfasts - how do homemade cinnamon buns, popovers, fresh basil ice cream and watermelon gazpacho sound?

Simply Bed and Bread is simply one of the best B&Bs we've stayed at!

Room Tip: Emily's room is the larger of the two and stocked with books, magazines and a big california kin...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank navpa
Reviewed July 10, 2012

My husband and I enjoyed a 3 night stay in this delightful bed and breakfast while visiting family in Maryland. Cheryl and David were so friendly and welcoming to their southern guests! Our room was lovely with a very comfortable king sized bed. There was so much attention to detail from the wonderful breakfast each morning to mints on our pillows, a tiny reading light for my Kindle, and fresh water in our room at night. Did I mention the fresh baked cookies that greeted us upon our arrival and the amazing homemade cinnamon buns completing our breakfast each morning? This inn is located in a quiet neighborhood in a lovely historic town. We look forward to our next visit to Chestertown and Simply Bed and Bread!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 28, 2012

This bed and breakfast is just lovely! It's in a quiet residential neighborhood, yet a short walk will get you to the center of historic Chestertown and the Chester River. The owners are totally accommodating and friendly, calling before your stay to find out your favorite cookie so to have a fresh batch ready upon your arrival. Clean, neat, and very attractively decorated, the two guest rooms are comfortable and stocked with snacks and magazines. There is a shared bath, but if you are the first to book you can request to be the only guest during your stay and have the bath to yourself, although I didn't find sharing with the two ladies in the other room to be a problem at all. And the breakfasts!!! Oh my! The food just kept coming! While absolutely fresh, delicious and invitingly presented, there was simply no way to finish it all. Upon leaving, you will be presented with a goody bag of snacks and treats to get you through the day. This was a wonderful respite during an otherwise stressful trip and I enjoyed every minute of my stay.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed June 25, 2012

Home, Mom, Chef Extrordinaré all rolled into one. The Inn was spotless. The hospitality was gracious. The setting was beautiful. We chose this B&B because of the proximity to Washington College. We traveled from VT to bring our 12 year old son to the CTY program summer camp at the college. This was the perfect blend of a peaceful retreat to unwind from a lot of traveling. My husband I were pampered to the fullest extent without feeling intruded upon. We plan on returning when we pick up our son. Words just dont seem do it justice. I feel as though we just left family. Thank you Cheryl & Dave.

• Stayed: June 2012
1  Thank terischauer
Reviewed June 17, 2012

We would echo all the rave reviews for this accommodation. We visited Chestertown with our eight year old grandson Milo. (We were in the area to celebrate a relative's 100th birthday.) The three of us slept in the king sized bed very comfortably. Cheryl was especially attentive to Milo, fixing him things he liked for breakfast in addition to what she planned for the adults. Cinnamon buns are his favorite food, so that was a big hit. She even took him berry picking and invited him (and me) swimming at the college. He felt pretty special.

Everything was perfect. Great food and hospitality. Lilke visiting friends. Chestertown by the way is a delightful town. The surrounding countryside is beautful. Well worth a visit. Both Cheryl and David are natives, so are a great resource for the area. We stayed at a different B&B our last trip to Chestertown. It was good too, but not close to the special hospitality of Simply Bed & Bread.

Room Tip: Although,having our grandson with us during our stay worked out just fine, the B&B is not necess...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family