“Exactly what I was looking for! Thank you for the wonderful stay”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Chestertown
Simply Bed and Bread
Ranked #3 of 11 Chestertown B&B and Inns
Bowie
“Exactly what I was looking for! Thank you for the wonderful stay”
Reviewed April 3, 2011

I stayed at Simply Bed and Bread for 15 nights when I had a student clinical rotation at Chester River I Hospital. I was a little worried about committing so long to staying in someone’s house but I am so glad I did. Even with all the mornings I was there Cheryl made sure I had a great breakfast that was never the same. My morning commute consisted of a 10 minute walk (at most) to the hospital which is perfect for those coming to Chestertown to go there. Cheryl and David were both easy to talk to and anytime I was looking for company I could always get some. The internet and hidden in room mini fridge were great to have in the evenings so I could stay in and munch while working. The personal plasma TV in each room was also great to have when I was done with work for the day. As the name suggests there is homemade bread and it is well worth coming just to have some; but it’s not just bread but cookies, cinnamon rolls, and various other baked goods that are offered at various times and on request. All in all this is a great place run by a wonderful couple. If you’re looking for to stay in Chestertown this place is a great choice. You will go home glad you stayed with a bag of goodies stamped “Simply Bed and Bread”.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Anna_Slonaker

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Blackwood, New Jersey
Reviewed March 28, 2011

Traveling alone to Chestertown for a 3-day art workshop, I wanted lodging close to the center of town that offered breakfast and felt homey. Simply Bed & Bread proved to be the perfect place and was actually more than I hoped for. It is immaculately clean, charmingly appointed, and extremely well thought-out. Virtually anything a guest could want was in the room, including bath robe, power strip, and night light. The king-size bed in Emily's Room (which is a large and lovely room filled with quilts and other warm, thoughtful touches) was so wonderfully comfortable that it was actually difficult to get out of it in the mornings -- however, the full, gourmet-style breakfasts made by Cheryl, the owner, each morning were sure get-out-of-bed motivators. The breakfasts were FANTASTIC, as were the other homemade goodies available at tea time. Emily's Room also has a wall-mounted flat-screen TV and a small frig in it. Although the inn is small (only 2 rooms) its offerings are quite large. It's the perfect place for anyone looking for a real "home" experience. I felt like a welcomed house guest, and enjoyed conversations with the owner. I had a wonderful time and will definitely return. It was hospitality plus!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled solo
Harrisonburg, Virginia
Reviewed March 23, 2011

We spent three nights at Simply B&B and had a delightful experience. Cheryl & David Hoopes were the consummate hosts. Our upstairs room was comfortable and well stocked with snacks, bookshelves filled with a wide variety of reading materials, a small table and two chairs as well as two chairs for reading and a small fridge. The bed in our (Emily's) room was a large king-size and very comfortable. There is one other room in the B&B, which was not occupied during our visit, and a shared bath.

Breakfast each morning was different, delicious and delightfully filling. Cheryl is quite the cook and is willing to prepare foods to accommodate dietary needs. Her chocolate chip cookies awaiting one's arrival were a welcomed sight. Early morning coffee was available before breakfast as was the Baltimore Sun newspaper.

Chestertown was a new area for us but that was no problem as the Hoopes had lots of information on the town and surrounding area. The town itself is historic, alive, with shopping and eating establishments and all within walking distance. Harbors/Marinas are nearby and we had some excellent seafood.

The B&B is located in a quiet neighborhood with friendly folk and Washington College is just a half-block up the street. Off street parking is available.

The Hoopes knew we were there celebrating our anniversary. They pulled out all stops--flowers in our room and specially prepared treats in honor of the occasion. We could not have asked for more.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
Baltimore, MD
Reviewed March 12, 2011

I stayed here with a close friend of mine in February 2011 and we were in awe of just how nice it was. It honestly felt like a home away from home! The rooms were very comfortable and very large. My friend and I were looking for some peace out of our hectic lives and we found that in this B&B! The innkeepers, Cheryl and David, were just fabulous! They went out of their way to make us feel comfortable and right at home. Cheryl even went out of her way to make a special gluten-free, dairy-free breakfast and various treats for my friend! If you're looking to relax in a nice, quiet atmosphere, looking for superb customer service and treatment, and looking for wonderfully kind innkeepers, this is the place to go!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with friends
Maryland
Reviewed March 7, 2011

I stayed at Simply Bed & Bread for a much-needed getaway and I'm *still* feeling refreshed! Cheryl's attention to details (like the cup of hot soup, which she brought to my room on a tray) and the cozy atmosphere soothed my weary soul. The cinnamon buns are legendary, and the omelette was perfect. I stayed in Erin's room and enjoyed working on my laptop in the comfy armchair as the sun warmed my toes. I didn't forget my shampoo, but I had to try the decadent aromatherapy kind in the shower. I certainly didn't go hungry with the ample array of snacks, and I was delighted to find a pitcher of cold water in the mini fridge too. I will definitely book a return visit to Simply Bed & Bread!!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled solo
Bristol, Vermont
Reviewed March 2, 2011

True hospitality, thoughtful touches, gigantic & delicious breakfast, and comfortable lodgings at a reasonable price made me want to come back and stay longer. Cheryl and David are wonderful hosts (David had even brushed the snow off my car while I was still in my pj's).
This B&B is in a fantastic location for those visiting Washington College.
My only trouble was that I arrived after dark and could not see the sign initially in the midst of a snow storm.
I was pleased to be their first guest from Vermont.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled solo
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed February 28, 2011

I had the pleasure of spending the weekend at this B&B in September. I can't say enough good things about it. It was clean and quiet, great food, great conversation and I felt like I was being welcomed into a loving home. It was a very relaxing and comfortable space and I look forward to returning again. I highly recommend Simply Bed and Bread for a weekend retreat in Chestertown.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chestertown
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Chestertown
#5 of 11 in Chestertown
Great Oak Manor
Great Oak Manor
#2 of 11 in Chestertown

Been to Simply Bed and Bread? Share your experiences!