“Worst Deli Experience”

Add it.
New York Kosher Style Deli
Cuisines: Deli, Eastern European
Reviewed April 23, 2012

I am a Maryland native but originally from NY. On a weekend trip to Chestertown I saw this place and decided to give it a try. I miss my NY delis more than anything else. The place was a bad experience from the beginning. I walked in and was greeted by two rude men with pony tails. I couldn't find a menu (what kind of NY deli has no menu board behind the counter?)
I ordered roast beef which tasted sour and was dry as cardboard. The sandwich was terrible and overpriced. Overstuffed is a meaningless word after this place. There is nothing authentic about it except perhaps the Jewish foods. I would not go here again and could get a much better sandwich at Subway or even Arbys.

1  Thank Crolse

Reviewed April 2, 2012

Tried this place after reading a couple of reviews. Boy were they wrong. As my wife and myself walked in the place seemed homely enough. But the first thing I noticed was a meat case with no more than 3 lonely cuts of meat. They looked prettty dried out. But as I Iooked at the menu a couple of locals came and ordered so I thought let's give it try. My wife ordered chicken salad I had kosher hot dogs. I was expecting my wifes half sandwich to be huge but as with all the other sandwiches that came before hers. Only sparse meat. My hot dog meat was what I expected.but it came on the cheapest tasting roll I've ever had. As we sat to eat we noticed a bunch knats flying around. The we noticed the sandwich makers were also taking money. No gloves and just a squirt of hand Sanitizer. The table was dirty. There tools stored in the soda storage. Needless to my wife became ill as soon as we left the place and spent the couple hours in the restroom and bed. Stay away!!!!!

1  Thank Acemace
Reviewed March 24, 2012

Although the staff's accent was authentic the restaurant does not live up to it's name. The entire place needs a thorough cleaning and attention to detail.

Reviewed December 25, 2011

Loved the bagels with cream cheese and lox. friendly customer service

Reviewed November 13, 2011

I was walking back from the farmer's market when I saw the New York Deli's brightly lit sign in their window that said "Bagels". I'm always on the lookout for a good bagel so I decided to stop in. I walked in and there were 3 men sitting in the middle of the restaurant with their computers open. A middle aged man with a pony tail said to me "Do you know what you want or do you need a menu?". Um, the door hadn't even shut behind me yet! How about hello first? I was taken aback but asked if they made their bagels in the restaurant. The pony tailed man said "We bake them here but we don't make them here." I looked around the restuarant (which was empty except for them) and didn't see any freshly baked bagels, etc. I said "Ok, I was just checking". To which his response was shaking his head and making a face at me as if I was crazy for asking. If I had seen bagels displayed, etc in their baking case I would have tried them. I was very offended at his face that he made to me. He is rude and has absolutely no customer service skills. I guess he had to get back to his "gaming" on his computer as he looked the type. I'm no longer surprised that NO ONE ever goes in there and I do not wish them luck in their enterprise. I anxiously await the next business that takes over that space. I worked in the hospitality industry for 15 years and this place is just WEIRD and not a good weird.

2  Thank lizamanelli