“Great Italian Restaurant”

Luisa's Cucina Italiana
Ranked #2 of 48 Restaurants in Chestertown
Cuisines: Italian, Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Families with children, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Welcome to Luisa's Cucina Italiana. Our dishes are prepared with locally grown fresh ingredients from St. Brigid's, Cedar Run, Lovett, and Redman Farms. Seafood, vegetables, poultry or meats... You'll find them to be superb! We offer catering for special occasions and private parties, as well as a semi-private dining area for family gatherings, business lunches, or dinners. Gift certificates available. Reservations recommended.
Reviewed March 4, 2014

Luisa's is true Italian! The menu is complete including all the different pastas, veal, pork, chicken dishes as well as salads, sandwiches and, of course, pizza. Eat in or take out, its our first and only choice for Italian food in the area!

Reviewed February 13, 2014

I live here & visit Luisa's at least 7 times a week if not more, they are very accommodating for anything you may want, from Italian food to plain Hamburgers on home made rolls with all the trimmings, they have daily specials of many things from cream of crab, to lentil to other soups, they also have home made French fries and some times sweet potatoe fries, there are chicken strips if you want something light or salad with shrimp with scallops to die for. Sometimes they have steak that is out of this world. Don't mention the deserts they are great from cheese cake of all kinds to tiramisu, ice cream, chocolate brownie with ice cream, yum. They do their best to accommodate you in any way possible, if you don't see it ask for it and the steaks are great, never had a bad steak. Their pizzas are great and their version of a vegetable called the White Gourmet is unbeatable, their subs are made the way you like them and the best onion rings in town. I have never had a bad meal there & when you walk in the door they remember what you like which is amazing. I have eat there anytime of the day every since they have opened and if you are having a party their large large pizza goes over well with the young set, they cut the pizza like I like 2 1/2 by 2 1/2 inch which is perfect for little fingers & you will be the Queen of the party. Try Luisa's one time & I guarantee you will go back. I have been there with couples ,family friends, have been there on business & occasionally go there by myself....Did I mention their mashed potatoes... Good Luck you will never be sorry & their new place at the Bakery this summer will be spectacular.

1  Thank Dottie L
Reviewed January 16, 2014 via mobile

I always look forward to the pleasant atmosphere and good food at Louisa's. Our dinner started with their delicious focaccia served with spiced oil and dried Romano cheese...love it! My veal parmigiana served with a side of pasta was superb. My friend thoroughly enjoyed their antipasta plate-large and fresh. A lovely waitress provided friendly and quick service. We'll be back again!

Reviewed December 22, 2013

When I lived there, it was a friday night meal.
Great food, good prices, great staff. The chef will chat with you if he has time. They make sure everything is satisfactory !!
Three options for atmosphere, you can sit at the booths for sandwiches and such, eat in the main dining area with a wide Italian menu or , weather permitting, eat outside.
They make the BEST bruschetta I have eaten outside of Europe.
They have a burger that is out of this world, the Louisas Burger !! Also recommend the cheese steak and the chicken cheese steak.
In the main dining, anything you order will be excellent. Italian cuisine at its finest.
If you leave hungry, its your fault !! :)

Reviewed October 24, 2013

First of all, they start you off with the homemade bread w/the olive oil and cheese, and then we order the cream of crab cup of soup which is a must. After that, we have wine and an entree. We always go on a Monday as we love a waitress - Deb!!! - whom is super efficient. If Luisa's read this review, please tell Deb that I am one of the gals from "Lancaster and the Bay. She will know. Anyway, great experiences!!!

1  Thank Miriam W