“Mother's Day Dinner”

Queenstown
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Mother's Day Dinner”
Reviewed May 12, 2013

I have been to the restaurant once before for lunch. We had the Chicken lettuce wraps and I thought they were very good. Service and lunch meal seemed like a good value and prepared well. We decided to go there today since we had a very good first experience. They had 4 specials on Mothers Day plus the regular menu. We started out with the lettuce wraps which were very good again! I had the Cioppino, when it came out I was a little skeptical because it looked more like spaghetti with seafood. However the mussels and clam around the edge plate had a nice presentation, just not traditional (no juice except in mussel shells). The seafood was cooked perfectly and flavor a bit on the spicy side, but was very good! My wife had a Mother's day special "Stuffed flounder with crab-stuffing" As it was served it looked dry as could be with the edges of fish crispy and looked as if the dish was possibly par cooked and then heated. The fish was dry even in the thicker areas, Hollandaise sauce was ladled over 3/4 of the crab & bread stuffing. I mentioned to waitress that the fish really looks dry (should have taken picture so I could post) however my wife who never wants to cause a problem said it would be okay. It was served with mashed potatoes & saute' green beans and carrot sticks. Why Mashed potatoes? The real problem here was the fish being cooked to death. Should have sent back because everything else was good. However since I did not, my wife will stick with the local staple "The Narrows or Fisherman's Inn Restaurant". I asked the waitress to let them know in kitchen and was surprised the manager or cook/chef did not come out to take a look. I may still come back for the lettuce wraps and lunch; but doubt we will have dinner there any time soon. A little more customer service would have turned this into a very good experience and returning customer.

• Visited May 2013

orlando, fl
“meh. loud music, tasted like food was bought at costco and reheated”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

We came here for dinner on a Friday night. The music was so loud, we couldn't hear each other speak. Even though it was live music and just really a singer with his acoustic guitar, it was unpleasantly loud and annoying. We asked the manager to turn it down, but I don't think it ever became just nice background noise.

We ordered the mediterrean platter to share between 3 or 4 of us. Nothing on the platter tasted like it was made there, maybe just spooned out of a jar. It didn't taste bad, just didn't taste homemade.They did heat up pita points. Yeah.

I had the spinach stuffed eggplant. Again, it was fine, just nothing extraordinary. Certainly not any better than ordered eggplant parmigiana at your local pizza and pasta place. The sauce did not taste homemade. It was a bit watery even.

My friends ordered the pork chops, which they said was very good. My other friend ordered a fish entree, but they had just run out of it. She ordered a chicken entree instead.

We didn't bother with dessert. But the wine selected by our hostess was very good.

• Visited April 2013
Kent Island
“It's hit-or-miss”
Reviewed April 7, 2013

The food is tasty and menu diverse. We recently went here during restaurant week on KI and felt very rushed. While still eating our 1st course salads, they brought out the entries a few minutes later. I sent them back and when they were brought out, you can tell they were under the heat lamps 'cause the sauce was dried out. Still tasty tho. This was the first night of the event and they were out of a couple items already. Not sure if and when we'll be back.

Visited February 2013
Kent Island, MD
“Great bar area and very good food.”
Reviewed April 7, 2013

My husband and I eat out almost every night and this is one of our favorites in the Kent Island area. We like to sit in the bar area. TVs for sporting events. Staff has always been very friendly. Food and cocktails are very good!!

• Visited April 2013
Centreville, Maryland
“Great brunch, friendly service, great atmosphere”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

We've been to Four Seasons now for every meal, but mostly we go for brunch. It's not that the other meals aren't as good-they most certainly are-but brunch is our personal favorite! The brunch menu isn't huge, but it has some variety (I've had the filet omelette, the mignon benedict, the regular egg-bacon-potatoes breakfast, the seafood omelette). Everything we've tried is delicious. Brunch also comes with a complimentary mimosa, and if I want a bloody mary, my husband can have "my" mimosa for free. We've tried many appetizers-all great. I had a very large, tasty salad for dinner one night. We look forward to trying other entrees on future visits. The staff is always friendly and attentive. This is definitely one of our local favorites.

Visited February 2013