“Excellent Sushi - Worst Service Ever”
Review of Cafe Sado

Cafe Sado
Ranked #2 of 22 Restaurants in Chester
Cuisines: Sushi
Dining options: Reservations
Description: One of only two Sushi restaurants on Kent Island.
Kennedyville, Maryland
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent Sushi - Worst Service Ever”
Reviewed January 10, 2014

I go to Sado's Cafe every few months for sushi. 7 out of 10 times that I have been there I get a guy named "Kadek". He is a very terrible waiter. He is very sarcastic and rude when taking your order when you ask questions. Then we got our appetizer and our friends we went to dinner with never got theirs. We never saw him again until we got our sushi to confront him. By that time we were just done. We ate our sushi and got our checks. We were at table of six so he added in gratuity. Which was acceptable. My bill was 57.45. I gave him $60 and asked for my change. He took about 15 minutes to get our checks back to us. I opened my book and he had gave me 2 dollars back. He didn't give me back any coins. He rounded it. I was furious at this point. I walked into the kitchen and found him and demanding my exact change. Overall the food is worth it. But if you want service I do not recommend this place. If you do go there tell them you do not want Kadek.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank mdmkville

Chester, Maryland
“A hidden gem!”
Reviewed January 9, 2014

I am a frequent customer who likes fresh well prepared sushi. Thai , Chinese and sushi food all well prepared and served. Nice décor and prices are very low. Location not easy to find but just ask anyone in town (head North from McDonalds on Castle Marina Rt. Go through traffic circle and then take second right turn).. Food good, nice waterfront location, pleasant serving staff, low prices. What's not to like about this place! Its a winner for sure.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank philey123
Lorton, Virginia
“2 for 1 rolls”
Reviewed December 15, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Sado offers two for one on all of their rolls. This is good sushi at a reasonable price - visited during the week for lunch.

Visited December 2013
1 Thank kdbauder
Virginia Beach, Virginia
“Good sushi... for Kent Island.”
Reviewed November 20, 2013

Overall really cool place tucked away on Kent Island with a great atmosphere. Sushi is good for the island but otherwise average. Friday nights are 2 for 1 rolls so if you're going to go, go then.

Visited November 2013
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Awful Awful Awful Service...but good food.”
Reviewed October 15, 2013

We go to Cade Sado despite the now consistently worse service we have ever had from a restaurant. Food takes ages to be served. Waiters simply disappear and can't be found even if you get up to locate them. Last night we had 7 guests whose dinners appeared at vastly different times -- 3 were served 40 minutes after ordering; 3 were served 45 minutes after ordering; and the final poor guest was served nearly 1 hour after ordering and his order was WRONG!!!

We've had several experiences like the above in the past month.

Why do we go back? Well...for good sushi there is really no alternative on the Eastern Shore. But...since it is taking 90 minutes to get orders and the orders are wrong...I will now go to Annapolis where there are several excellent alternatives. Sado's mistakes are no longer worth the wait.

• Visited October 2013