“Great Choice if you like Seafood”

Bayard House Restaurant
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Families with children, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Scenic view
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
A TripAdvisor Member
“Great Choice if you like Seafood”
Reviewed February 15, 2005

Seafood is fresh with just enough added flavoring. If you like the feel of an older residence converted into a high quality restaurant, you will enjoy the experience. The soups offered are outstanding, as well as the traditional seafood dishes. If you plan a visit to this restaurant, plan a little extra time to take in the local scenery.

9 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

A TripAdvisor Member
“Terrible Service, Awful Atmosphere, and Even Worse Food”
Reviewed October 11, 2004

We spent a weekend in Chesapeake City and went to the Bayard House to celebrate a milestone birthday for my wife. We had an 8:00 reservation, and we didn't get seated until 8:50. There was a wedding going on outside the window next to our table. The music was so loud, the water glasses on our table were shaking. There were drunks running in and out of the door back and forth between the restroom/bar and the wedding. Also, there were kids running wild through the restaurant, apparently because their parents were too busy at the wedding.

I wanted to order the Crab Cakes entree, but was told that they were sold out, so I selected a filet. My wife order a lobster tail. When the food arrived my wife's lobster tail was not cooked. We sent it back, but I had to eat my filet alone, while my wife waited for a cooked lobster tail.

We will never go to this restaurant again. We had read good things about Bayard and we were excited about having dinner there. Next time, we will stay far, far, away from this place.

5 Thank A TripAdvisor Member