“Old School Cheasapeake”

Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 17, 2014

The Tap Room can be 3/4 star depending upon what you are looking for. If your aim is fine dining, this is not the place for you. If you are looking for a traditional Chesapeake Bay meal, steamed blue shells, or Old Bay favorites you will not be disappointed. Their weekend specials are outstanding. The drink selection is a little limited for those looking for micro beers or higher end alcohol.

1  Thank Matt J
There are newer reviews for The Tap Room

Reviewed July 29, 2014

The tap room is away from the water and is what the name would imply, a nice little place for drinks and something to eat. Have been there three times for lunch, and each occasion it was during the week so it was not a problem to get a seat. The service was responsive, the food was good, and the drinks were cold, It is nothing fancy but it is certainly clean and well worth the visit if you are looking for a place to escape the larger venues elsewhere.

1  Thank bjdav
Reviewed July 24, 2014

Local restaurant that features crabs and seafood nice rustic place. I last stopped in the fall and had a good crab cake sandwich

1  Thank TCboater
Reviewed July 15, 2014

We were the only customers and the indifferent waitress could have been more helpful explaining the protocol of ordering crabs. Fortunately, she did demonstrate how to crack them when they arrived while still not comprehending that we we're complete novices and would have appreciated some more guidance. Her personality changed completely with all smiles and chit chat when some local drunks sat down at the bar a while later. Oh well. We've had our crabby waitress crab experience and don't have to do that again. Too little meat for too much mess and effort

1  Thank Annette O
Reviewed July 13, 2014

My parents were visiting for the 4th of July holiday, and we went took them out for dinner and fireworks. Saw The Tap Room and thought it would be our kind of place. Mostly, the food wasn't bad--my crabs were good, my husband thought his crab cake sandwich wasn't too bad, my dad thought his soft shells were good, but my mom's shrimp linguini was supposed to be in a creamy butter sauce--but the sauce was thin, kind of greasy, and she got four pieces of shrimp in her dish. The service was TERRIBLE. We easily waited 45 minutes to even order our food, and another 45 for it to arrive at the table. During that time, we were never offered refills on our drinks, and I finally had to flag a waitress down for a refill. Generally, I was extremely disappointed that my mother didn't enjoy her dinner, and that the service was so bad. No changing table in the restroom, and I had to park my daughter's stroller out on the sidewalk.

2  Thank cheapskategrl