“Slow For A Holiday Weekend!”

Chesapeake Inn Restaurant and Marina
Reserve with OpenTable
Chesapeake Inn Restaurant and Marina is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Bohemia Ave
Reviewed September 4, 2012

Visits to the CI are probably into the double digits but this is the first time my wife and I ever got a table with no wait on a weekend. What was even more amazing we got a pretty good table with a view of the boats/marina as well.
OK...you go to the CI for the scenery, the drinks, sometimes the music, but certainly not for the food. Food is just slightly above average bar food, and not cheap either. Drinks are on the expensive side with most of the decent stuff running $8.00 - $10.00 per drink. Some of the frozen treats come in a 20 oz. size so you can sit over a drink for quite some time when the place isn't busy.
A little word of caution though about views of the boats. There have been times when the bigger boats leave the dock that you get treated to a nice dose of gas/diesel fumes and a ton of noise. Most people don't care as they get to watch a lot of older guys spending the afternoon parading around with somebody I'm sure is a younger niece!
If you go when it is crowded expect that once the food is finished your table will be cleared and the check is on the table. I can't really blame the wait staff wanting table turnover as the crowd has never impressed me as a big tipping bunch from what I have observed. I saw a table full of younger guys that had to have a bill well over $100.00 leave two $5.00 bills on the table...and they ran the waitress ragged bringing beer to their table.
OK...a fun afternoon with a beach bar atmosphere for about a $90 - 100.00 per couple. Give it a try!

1  Thank Wayne S

Reviewed September 4, 2012

The structure is nice and the location has a great view of Engineer's Cove. They offer valet parking. (This may not seem like a big deal, but parking in Chesapeake City is at a premium.) At this point we have exhausted all the nice things to say about this place. The crowd there is young and the music (played through speakers located every few feet, so there is no escape) is loud and terrible. The food is strictly average if you are foolish enough to wait for a table.

2  Thank Stanner57
Reviewed September 4, 2012

Birthday Dinner for four. Veal with crab/shrimp lackluster and VERY thin small medallions. Chicken was EXCELLENT as were the 2 orders of Rockfish and fried tomatoes appetizer. Had a coupon(email) but was told I would have to subtract the amount from bill,couldn't be done at the register??? Bizzare.... Also do NOT appreciate 15% auto gratuity for 4 people...... And NO refills on soda,come on......

But with coupon,a good deal.

Reviewed September 2, 2012

We have only been to the inside dining room overlooking the Marina and Canal. The food is great, especially the soups. Imagine it is very busy on the weekends, but during the week it is a very relaxing and pleasant place to dine.

Reviewed September 1, 2012

Did not enjoy the Chesapeake Inn restaurant as much as I have in the past. We ate on the deck on a very busy Saturday for lunch. We were able to get a table right away but whenever we needed our waitress, it took a long time. Chips and salsa appetizer was good and my Caprese panini was quite good and extremely hot. My husband had the cheese steak panini that was very tasty with a lot of steak, peppers and onions. Both came with fries that were obviously the frozen variety (drab). We were looking for a better experience but it was quite loud with all of the people, the power boats blasting their engines and the subsequent fuel smell. We didn't want to use valet parking and ended up parking several blocks away due to lack of open spaces nearby. I won't go to so much trouble to eat here again unless there is a good band playing on the deck. Wil eat in the dining room next time.

2  Thank Borioles97