“Perfect wedding weekend”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Ship Watch Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Chesapeake City
Ship Watch Inn
Claymont, Delaware
“Perfect wedding weekend”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2014

Aside from the gorgeous weather and great company, the Ship Watch Inn was the perfect place to spend our wedding weekend. Our wedding party and families stayed the weekend and it couldn't have been better. The rooms were absolutely beautiful—each with a gorgeous view of the canal. Breakfast was delicious each morning, the hot tub was a great place to relax, and the location was perfect for walking around town. I'm so glad we picked the Ship Watch Inn for our wedding weekend. I would highly recommend it for anyone heading to Chesapeake City!

Room Tip: We stayed in the Chesapeake Suite which was absolutely beautiful. All of the rooms have beautiful vi...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Lindsay D

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
Newark, Delaware
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2014 via mobile

This was our first time ever staying at a bed and breakfast and we loved it! the rooms were very nice (we had the Queen Anne's room), the view was fantastic. We wish it had been warmer so we could've spent more time outside on the deck. We stayed during my best friend's wedding and the inn was full, but the noise level was very reasonable, not very loud at all. Breakfast was good, the only thing I would recommend is perhaps having more of a choice with the food. I'm very picky with food, but what I did eat was very good. I would stay here again, as we had a great time!

Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank onthebeach823
San Francisco, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 1, 2013

Based on the website, we were very much looking forward to our stay at this B and B. We loved the location on the river, the quaint town, and the nice rooms, but were very disappointed by the lack of hospitality received by the young woman staff person. She did not greet us warmly, had to be prompted to help us make coffee, was very stingy about giving us more fruit, did not give us a choice of breakfast - no eggs, yogurt, or a healthy option - poured us a miniature glass of orange juice and, when she disappeared for a while and did not offer more juice, objected in the strongest tone ("did you get orange juice out of MY refrigerator?") to us serving ourselves to a second glass. This is not the kind of treatment anyone should receive from any hotel establishment, and I strongly suggest they look for a replacement staff.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Pascale295_13
Miami Beach, Fl
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2013

A lot has already been said about the Ship Watch Inn. So, I will add a few personal notes here. When you check in to your room, walk through to see if you have what you need and ask about that right away. We arrived in late afternoon and it wasn't until around 6 PM that we noticed that we didn't have any soap in the bathroom and that two light bulbs were out making it a bit too dark in the room to read. We went out to reception and saw a sign on the kitchen door with a phone number to call, which we did. We were given another phone number to call and it turned out that it rang right where we were standing in reception (!), but it evidently wasn't forwarded anywhere and no one answered.

We were still glad that we stayed the night.

Room Tip: Choose a room on the top floor. We were on the same floor as reception and between the noise from t...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Journeyer
Camp Hill, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2013

This B&B was so awesome. The views of the canal from each of the rooms are just breathtaking. Between waking up every morning to the smell of yummy breakfast to watching the sun rise from the deck, definitely a great get away. The owners of the B&B make you feel like you have just came home, from the free beverages and baked goods in the dining room to the homey feel of each of the rooms. We visited in the off season, so the town was very quiet, but still had enough going on and restaurants open to make for an enjoyable trip. We will definitely be back.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Kent room which is advertised as smaller than the others, but it was perfect for my...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
JEFFERSON CITY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2013

This B&B was amazing for many reasons, including 1) it had refreshments and beverages available at all times; 2) the bed was soooo comfortable; 3) great restaurants were just a short walk away; 4) the deck that stretched across each floor was wonderful for observing the canal; and 5) MOST IMPORTANT--woke up to our individual table on the deck already set for breakfast with a full pot of fresh coffee! I couldn't believe it--seemed liked heaven to me. And the breakfast, served at our convenience, was delicious. We live in Missouri, but if we lived in that area, I would definitely be a repeat customer.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Blairstown, NJ
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2013

When my wife told me we were going to make a stop overnight in Chesapeake City, MD and stay at a B&B I didn't know what to expect. So I went on Google Earth and drilled down to take a look at the area. When I saw that the B&B was just down the canal from the Augustine Herman Hwy bridge I had my doubts, but, I decided I would keep an open mind and check it out. Glad I did! Chesapeake City on the south side of the C&D canal is a gem. Buildings dating back to the 19th century and well kept for the most part. It's a compact area offering quaint shops and restaurants. Even has a village green with a gazebo where that night they had a Celtic band playing for free. The Ship Watch Inn, which is situated on the canal, is a well run and well kept establishment. The owner and staff are very friendly and accommodating. Our room was on the third floor with double doors that opened to a deck overlooking the canal. The deck is available to all of the four rooms that are on that floor with deck chairs and a table and chairs for each room. The room was very comfortable, although we spent very little time in it as we were either out on the town or hanging out on the deck. There is a restaurant/bar complex on the other side of the canal that had live music so we had Reggae music to listen to as we had cocktails and watched the sunset along the canal. When we checked in we were told weather permitting we would have breakfast outside on the deck. I assumed that meant the ground floor deck. When we woke and went out onto our deck on the third floor all the tables were set up for breakfast. The young gal that served us brought our breakfast, Eggs Benedict w/fruit, orange juice, coffee and tea, up three flights of stairs. Three more times for the other rooms. No wonder she was so slim. I would definitely recommend this B&B to all and will make a return trip in the future and next time stay at least two nights. One small issue is parking, it's on street and a lot of the on street parking is restricted to the residents that live there, and rightly so. The first spot I found was about four blocks away, but, I eventually was able to get a spot right next to the Inn. One thing we did hope to see was one of the big ships that use the canal come through while we were there, but, it didn't happen on this visit. Perhaps next time.

Room Tip: In some of the other reviews we read before booking some noted that it could be noisy so we chose a...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
BEST WESTERN North East Inn
Inn at the Canal
Inn at the Canal
#2 of 4 in Chesapeake City

Been to Ship Watch Inn? Share your experiences!