Ship Watch Inn
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Chesapeake City
See available hotels
Elkton Lodge(Elkton)
  • Restaurant
View Hotel
North Bay B&B(North East)
  • Beachfront
  • Restaurant
View Hotel
All reviewsb bgreat view of the canalthird floorwatching boatshot tubeggs benedict with crabchesapeake suitefrench doorsquaint shopsrooms facebridal partygift certificatebayard housebed and breakfastbreakfast was deliciouswater viewfresh baked cookies
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 14, 2012

I recently stayed at the Ship Watch Inn when in Chesapeake City for a family get-together. It was first rate from start to finish. The room we stayed in - The Dorchester - was well-appointed. It was old world charming but up-dated and modern at the same time. I found the staff accomodating and involved. Breakfast - which is included - was good and they were more than willing to handle the requests we had. It is definitely a place I would visit again and plan on another visit sometime this summer. You won't be disappointed if you enjoy staying at a Bed & Breakfast.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank AprilD21
Reviewed November 29, 2011

We chose the Ship Watch because we love to be in rooms with a water view. This certainly lived up to our expectations as we had a nice view of the canal from the room and from the walk out shared balcony. The breakfasts were very good, and Renee was a pleasant hostess. There were only two other rooms occupied, so it was fairly quiet, although we see what people meant about thin walls - there doesn't seem to be sound insulation between walls and floors. When the tenants upstairs walked and when the overhead room was cleaned, it was quite loud. Nonetheless, we would come back. This was a clean property with nice amenities. although it is true no attendant was at the property after 5 p.m., there was an emergency phone number and we had no problems.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank FranandJim
Reviewed November 11, 2011

We have stayed at the Ship Watch 3 times and loved each stay. The rooms are very comfortable and immaculate. I've never seen any mold or anything else. We've stayed in different types of rooms from suite to reular room and enjoyed them all. And the views out the windows and from the balcony are so relaxing. Breakfast has been great each time. My SO loves the cookies and other yummies that are available in the dining room--great for a midnight snack. The hot tub is right by the water, and you can laze away sipping some wine and watch the boats go by (though this last trip the hot tub was closed--Hurricane Irene did her damage--it was too cold anyway). Both Renee and Pat have been extremely helpful and accomodating. Chesapeake City is a cute little town with several restaurants and a bunch of shops. You can park your car and never have to move it if you don't want to. If you want to get away from the craziness and kick back and enjoy the moment, this is the place to do it.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank jmack118
Reviewed October 12, 2011

Wow! If you need a couple of days away from the craziness of your everyday life, this is the place to visit! First off, the town is so quaint and peaceful. The views are stunning from the wrap-around porch, a great place to read the paper in the morning :)

My husband and I were in Chesapeake City for a wedding and had the pleasure of staying at this fabulous B&B. Renee was wonderful and so accommodating to our needs! My husband loved the morning waffles, but I wanted something a bit healthier, so she made me egg whites instead. This is why we loved the B&B experience! If you want a buffet full of all you can eat boxed eggs, then a big hotel chain is where you belong. I would rather have a personalized experience any day of the week, but that's just me.

Next time we go, we're gonna try to stay in a different room. Renee showed us a couple of other rooms that were open, and they were all so different! The place is decorated beautifully and has very unique charm. We hope to be back in the spring!

Room Tip: Next time I will be booking a suite, they looked fabulous!
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Sharon B
Reviewed September 26, 2011

At $205 a night, I would have expected better. The view of the C&D canal from our 3rd story room was great bit the room was not very clean and the walls were paper thin. It was obvious that there was not an attendant staying at the place because from midnight until 4AM very loud and rowdy party goers made sleeping impossible and had us questioning our security. Breakfast was very limited to waffles and sausage links. I've had a better breakfast at Best Western. We like to check the Weather when we travel but the TV was very small and was pretty much unwatchable. The curtains were broken and the shower fixture was in very bad condition. The inn had central AC and was not controllable from our room. It was uncomfortably cold and we could do nothing about changing the temperature. The Hot Tub was broken and looked like it had been broken for quite some time. In general it looks like the place is in need of some serious maintenance. Other than the fantastic view I would not recommend this establishment and calling it a B&B is a misrepresentation. It is an old Inn badly in need of repair. The price of the stay is definitely not worth the experience.
On the upside, The town of Chesapeake City is a very quaint place and we had a nice time wandering around the shops.

Room Tip: Don't waste your money. The view is not worth the price.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple