“Relaxing B&B experience!”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Ship Watch Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Chesapeake City
Ship Watch Inn
Naples, Florida
“Relaxing B&B experience!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2011

Wow! If you need a couple of days away from the craziness of your everyday life, this is the place to visit! First off, the town is so quaint and peaceful. The views are stunning from the wrap-around porch, a great place to read the paper in the morning :)

My husband and I were in Chesapeake City for a wedding and had the pleasure of staying at this fabulous B&B. Renee was wonderful and so accommodating to our needs! My husband loved the morning waffles, but I wanted something a bit healthier, so she made me egg whites instead. This is why we loved the B&B experience! If you want a buffet full of all you can eat boxed eggs, then a big hotel chain is where you belong. I would rather have a personalized experience any day of the week, but that's just me.

Next time we go, we're gonna try to stay in a different room. Renee showed us a couple of other rooms that were open, and they were all so different! The place is decorated beautifully and has very unique charm. We hope to be back in the spring!

Room Tip: Next time I will be booking a suite, they looked fabulous!
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Sharon B

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
Chesapeake, Virginia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2011

At $205 a night, I would have expected better. The view of the C&D canal from our 3rd story room was great bit the room was not very clean and the walls were paper thin. It was obvious that there was not an attendant staying at the place because from midnight until 4AM very loud and rowdy party goers made sleeping impossible and had us questioning our security. Breakfast was very limited to waffles and sausage links. I've had a better breakfast at Best Western. We like to check the Weather when we travel but the TV was very small and was pretty much unwatchable. The curtains were broken and the shower fixture was in very bad condition. The inn had central AC and was not controllable from our room. It was uncomfortably cold and we could do nothing about changing the temperature. The Hot Tub was broken and looked like it had been broken for quite some time. In general it looks like the place is in need of some serious maintenance. Other than the fantastic view I would not recommend this establishment and calling it a B&B is a misrepresentation. It is an old Inn badly in need of repair. The price of the stay is definitely not worth the experience.
On the upside, The town of Chesapeake City is a very quaint place and we had a nice time wandering around the shops.

Room Tip: Don't waste your money. The view is not worth the price.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank david s
Harleysville, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2011

I would recommend this to our friends and family. Renee the Inn keeper was very hospitable! Fresh baked treats were always available in the dining room. Our room was clean and just as expected the views were spectacular. The Inn was full and yes we could hear other guests but this didn't bother us. Parking is limited we unloaded the bags and my husband parked the car a block away in a free public parking lot. The next morning breakfast was served outside on the deck, which was really nice. We loved our experience here and plan to come back in the fall.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Drexel Hill, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2011

My boyfriend and I decided to stay at the Ship Watch Inn after purchasing a Groupon for our stay. Everything was great, from the initial communication with Renee and Pat when booking all the way to check out. We stayed in the Annapolis Suite, a spacious room with a wonderful jacuzzi and beautiful view. Since we stayed in the middle of the week there were very few guests so we did not notice the thin walls mentioned in other reviews. The town is very tiny and quaint, so make sure to do some research on the surrounding areas if you are looking for activities. Overall we had a lovely stay and would definitely return.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank missy4822
Washington DC, District of Columbia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2011

This was a lovely inn from the onset. The room was great. However, the breakfast was uneatable and the worst part was the BED BUGS! The staff was very friendly. The town itself is very cute and charming. But I have bed bug bites all over my legs and that is unacceptable. I would never stay there again nor recommend it to a friend.

Room Tip: Bed Bugs
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
8 Thank rmf2132
Baltimore, Maryland
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2011

Don't stay here. As others have mentioned the walls are paper thin. Problem is that the place is very old and the floors squeak horribly as well. This was constant and unnerving.

As several other people mentioned the place is beautiful and the balcony has an awesome view of the canal, but keep in mind that you share the balcony with the rooms next to you.

The people next to us were on the balcony late drinking and were very loud with little care or regard for neighbors. The people above us were heavy and the floors squeaked every time they walked and they were up walking around til 3AM. There was no peace in this place at all. When I mentioned any of this to the owner she had little care or concern not even apologizing. I found this as extremely poor customer service.

Also if you do decide to disregard my warnings and go anyway stay away from chance of bad weather. This is not an area you want to visit in bad weather. This hotel does not give you any chance to cancel reservations based on bad weather since they require a 10 day notice. I found this rare.

We had horrible weather knocking out the power and heat for several hours. We left to warm up somewhere else. When we returned there was no parking for us leaving us to have to walk several blocks in the rain. They only have 4 parking spaces. There is no excuse for that. When you pay over $200 a night I expect to at least have a parking space.

My wife & I have stayed at several bed and breakfasts and we find that the owner's care and kindness to the people in the home makes all the difference. This care taker seemed at her wits end and lacked caring anymore. I understand they are trying to sell. I recommend if you visit that you wait until someone buys it that cares for the customers and can fix up the place. Most importantly if you do go....STAY ON THE TOP FLOOR.

Room Tip: Top floor and wear ear plugs
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
4 Thank hoppx4
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2011

I really really liked this place. The rooms all overlook the canal and the boat traffic. You can walk out onto the deck from your room and sit outside or lounge in your room on the extremely comfortable beds. The sheets were like butter, the bathroom had a jacuzzi tub and good lighting. The breakfast were wonderful, but make sure you get down there in time. The house itself was decorated beautifully and was very comfortable. HOWEVER they really need to do something about privacy. The walls were paper thin. We could hear EVERYTHING the people in the room next to us were saying. They were not talking loud. We heard them snoring, we heard their tv, we heard when they got up to go to the bathroom, we heard when they sneezed, coughed, cleared their throats and blew their noses . This was NOT their fault. I am sure they heard everything we did too. Knowing how much we heard them we tried to whisper and keep as quiet as we could. I don't know how they can fix this, but I don't think I would stay there again.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
BEST WESTERN North East Inn
Inn at the Canal
Inn at the Canal
#2 of 4 in Chesapeake City

Been to Ship Watch Inn? Share your experiences!