“Very Unsatisfied” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Rod 'N' Reel

Rod 'N' Reel
Reserve with OpenTable
Rod 'N' Reel is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Scenic view, Bar scene, Business meetings, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Buffet, Free Off-Street Parking, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: MD Rt. 261
maryland
“Very Unsatisfied”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2013

I stopped in for an early dinner and while the large picture windows provided great views of the Bay, my visit here was disappointing and very unsatisfying. After being pleasantly greeted and seated, I waited well over 10 minutes for a server or anybody, for that matter, to come to my table to fill my water glass, take my order, or even say "Hello." Needless to say, that left a bitter taste in my mouth. The loud party a few tables over didn't help. When the manager (I guess) finally summoned someone to my table to take my order, I ordered one of the weekend specials - big mistake. The seafood and linguine dish arrived loaded with shredded cheese - I don't eat cheese and the menu never said that cheese was in the dish. By now, I'm seething, but I scraped off as much cheese as I could and picked through the onions and peppers and sauce to find the linguine and seafood. The meal was just ok. Oh, and silverware on the bare table - big thumbsdown. The only saving graces here were the waterfront scenery and the wedding that was taking place during my visit. I'll give this place one more try the next time I'm down that way. Hopefully this visit was not the norm.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
Lorin J, Marketing Coordinator at Rod 'N' Reel, responded to this review, May 2, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about the Rod ‘N’ Reel restaurant. We are sorry to hear that your expectations for both service and food were not met, but we are glad you enjoyed the view. We will share these comments with the management, staff and chef, and make sure that in the future all ingredients are included in descriptions on our menus. We are implementing new menus next week at Rod ‘N’ Reel that we have taken this into consideration for. Thank you again for your providing feedback and we look forward to exceeding your expectations on your next visit.

Chesapeake Beach, Maryland
“Nice for Brunch”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2013

Chesapeake Beach is a sleepy town so there are not many options for Sunday Brunch. They put out a decent spread and the servers are friendly. Well priced for what you get.

Visited August 2012
1 Thank BubbaBeanMama
Lorin J, Marketing Coordinator at Rod 'N' Reel, responded to this review, April 26, 2013
We are happy to hear you were pleased with both the food selection at our breakfast buffet, as well as the service. We’d like to let you know our holiday breakfast buffets include additional items like quiche and seafood options at the omelet station. Thank you for taking the time to comment and we look forward to seeing you again soon.
Owings, Maryland
“A nice stop”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2013

Had dinner here on a Friday night in April. Service was very good and manager attentive. We were only two and there were several large parties already seated when we arrived. Nonetheless, the food was served timely and it was hot and fresh. The menu was nothing particularly special and there were lots of fried choices, but fewer broiled or grilled options. Ambiance was good and there's plenty of parking. Food seemed appropriately priced given quality and ambiance, etc.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to review Rod ‘N’ Reel. We are very happy to hear that you were pleased with both the service and food. We are currently in the process of reviewing our menu and adding new choices. Thank you again for your comments.
Leesburg, Virginia
“Disapointing”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2013

Nothing about the dining experience lived up to the expectations. Atmosphere was okay, decor is nice. But everything else was just too messy. I'm sure the fact that we were a party of 15 with a bunch of kids and 5 different checks did not help but still, it was just not good. Food was mediocre (not awful but not special in any way either) and service was convoluted and inconsistent (my husband waited for his beer for about 10 minutes). But the worst of it all was the kids menu. When the mac and cheese was served to my daughter, it was cold and obviously consisted of a portion of Kraft's stuff. I don't think it's acceptable for a restaurant like this one to offer meals made out of powdered cheese. Really gross. Not going back, that's for sure.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank LisboetaAbroad
Lorin J, Marketing Coordinator at Rod 'N' Reel, responded to this review, April 25, 2013
We are sorry that you expectations were not met during your visit. If you could provide us with the date and time of your visit, it would help us to better identify the staff on duty to address these issues directly. We appreciate your comments and will address the issues with all involved to better serve our guests. Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback.
Waldorf, Maryland
“dinner was wonderful”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2013

Our dinner at the RNR was really nice. "Chris" our waiter made great wine selections for dinner and the choices of food to compliment. He was very attentive and made sure the our dining pleasure was really nice. To top it off, he remembered it was my birthday.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
We are very pleased you enjoyed your dinner at the Rod ‘N’ Reel and that Chris provided wonderful service. Thank you for taking the time to review the Rod ‘N’ Reel and we look forward to seeing you again soon!