“Not Impressed”
Review of Smokey Joe's - CLOSED

Smokey Joe's
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
“Not Impressed”
Reviewed September 17, 2013

I didn’t find the good to be appetizing. My wife’s breaded chicken sandwich was dry and almost all breading and bun. My BBQ Pulled Pork did not taste very good. The cornbread muffins were very small. The fries were soggy. The hostesses placed us in the far corner despite having a baby stroller with us. This forced us to have to navigate through tables, which were closely placed together, to get to our table. The waitress was nice and attentive, though.

Visited September 2013
Lorin J, Marketing Coordinator at Smokey Joe's, responded to this review, September 19, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback about your recent dining experience with us. We are sorry to hear that the chicken sandwich and BBQ Pulled Pork meals did not meet your expectations. Also, we apologize for the inconvenience of being seated at a far table when you had a stroller. We have talked to the staff and management about this to ensure that we accommodate all of our guests in these situations. Again, we appreciate your feedback.

Fredericksburg, Virginia
“Big Breakfast!”
Reviewed August 19, 2013

I had eggs, bacon and home fries. Lots of choices. Lots of food. Hot when served. Coffee refilled quickly.Great price,too.

Visited August 2013
“Horrible!”
Reviewed August 9, 2013

Food was horrible, service the same. I asked for a crab cake on the side, the manager told the waiter that I have to pay for a full price meal ($17). I did, and the crab cake had no taste, they advertise as jumbo lump and there was no jumbo at all. It also looked like it was cooked 5 days ago. I can't believe this place is in business. Stay away from it.

• Visited August 2013
Lorin J, Marketing Coordinator at Smokey Joe's, responded to this review, August 19, 2013
We appreciate you taking the time to write a review of Smokey Joe’s Grill and we apologize that you were not pleased with your visit. Our crab cakes are made fresh with jump lump Maryland crabmeat, but we apologize you did not enjoy your meal. Could you provide us with the date and time of your visit so that we can discuss these issues with the management, staff and cook? Again, thank you for the feedback about your recent visit.
Fairfax, Virginia
“Smokey Joe's”
Reviewed July 23, 2013

This restaurant bills it self as a barbeque joint, but they sell all kinds of food. I think it would be better if they specialize in one thing and make good barbeque. We decided to go with basic items to try to avoid bad food. My husband had the hamburger and I can't even remember what I had. It wasn't bad just not memorable. The service was ok-not horrible not great either. It has great potential and selling points- great location but they should stick to one theme and not try to do a lot of things in an average fashion.

• Visited July 2013
Lorin J, Marketing Coordinator at Smokey Joe's, responded to this review, July 26, 2013
We appreciate you writing a review of Smokey Joe’s Grill. We do offer a wide variety of delicious foods to satisfy many different appetites in a casual dining atmosphere at Smokey Joe’s. Thank you for your comments and suggestions.
North Beach, Maryland
“How does this place stay in business!?”
Reviewed July 14, 2013 via mobile

Horrible food no amount of atmosphere or service could make up for. I don't understand how such an ideal location could be wasted on this place.

• Visited June 2013
Lorin J, Marketing Coordinator at Smokey Joe's, responded to this review, July 16, 2013
We appreciate you leaving a comment about Smokey Joe’s Grill. Could you please provide us with more details about your dining experience? (What your meal was, what you didn’t like about it, etc.) We are always looking for guest feedback to improve everyone’s dining experiences with us. Thank you.