“Decent food, horrible service.”
Review of Smokey Joe's - CLOSED

Smokey Joe's
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed October 6, 2012

They really need to improve their service. Also, the wait staff needs to be aware of the items they are out of and give the customer the option for a substitution. Don't advertise oysters on your seafood platter if you are going to substitute shrimp. Lastly, the service is slow and staff unfriendly... The dining room was half empty and it took 15 minutes for a waitress to take drink orders. At 20 minutes we had drinks. At 35 minutes we had our appetizer. Very slow. I will not recommend this place nor will I return anytime soon.

Reviewed August 19, 2012

This place rocks! Whether you order room service- try the cream dried beef; pancakes or their to die for "Freddie" burger with special sauce- you will not be dissapointed. I've enjoyed many burgers; and this one was my favorite! I went back twice on a four day stay!

Reviewed August 14, 2012

We went here after the waterpark. The food was great, not the beet service. The brownie dessert is huge and the apple fritters are excellent. We enjoyed the crab dip too

Reviewed July 23, 2012

A Monday lunch with a group of seven. Round table seating was great for this gang as we could chat with anyone at the table pretty well face to face. Currently in season are the Maryland soft shell crabs. I ordered a double soft shell crab sandwich. Each of the crabs were lightly battered and fried and were nothing like I've ever had before. Simply delicious. At least they got that right.

Service wasn't mature. A drink order for one at the table wasn't taken. And even though the restaurant was by no means busy, a larger group with rambunctious children was seated right next to us. It made conversing more difficult, but it's these small things.

Reviewed July 12, 2012

If you happen to have the bad luck to end up at Smokey Joes.Run as fast as you can!!!!!!!!! The first glue is the sticky floors then the lousy service.My family & I stayed at the over priced Chesapeake hotel & Spa ,so that guys could go on a six hour charter fishing trip.We thought it would be a good idea to eat at a on premises restaurant.We ordered the Monday special "ALL YOU CAN RIBS $17.99" after placing order then waiting over 30 minutes in which their were only 6 other customers.The food arrived the ribs were not too bad,so we let the server know to put in our 2nd order to avoid another wait,but our surprise she bring half the size and under cooked.When we asked why we were told by our server She didn't know.Save your money for gas to find a better place!!!!!!!!!!!!!