“Great hotel for either business or a relaxing weekend, with a great spa”

Chesapeake Beach Resort and Spa
Bethasda, MD
“Great hotel for either business or a relaxing weekend, with a great spa”
Reviewed April 12, 2010

Ten women including me came to the Cheaspeake Beach Resort and Spa to review applications for grants our organization awards yearly. The conference room was perfect for our meeting. We were provided with refreshments and coffee at the appropriate times, and we were able to leave our files in the conference room overnight since we were using the room all day Saturday, Saturday evening, and most of the day Sunday. We had lunch and dinner at the resort's Rod and Reel Restaurant. The food was quite good, and the prices were reasonable for the selections.

The room I occupied was well-appointed and well-kept. Having a room with a waterfront balcony was a plus. I have only two suggestions: 1) Replace the uncomfortable foam pillows with down pillows with soft synthetic fiberfill pillows available for those with allergies to down. 2) Get better mattresses. My favorite type is a memory foam type of mattress. The problem with the mattress I slept on was that it was both a little soft and springy. Considering the cost of the rooms, the mattresses and pillows should be top of the line.

The staff is great at this resort hotel, and I had a wonderful massage at the spa.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (205)
Maryland
Reviewed April 5, 2010

We went to Chesapeake Beach Hotel and Spa to celebrate our wedding anniversary. The hotel was beautiful and the staff was all very professional and attentive. The food in the restaurant was excellent. We will definitely come back again!
Of all the trips we have taken over the years, this is the nicest place we have ever stayed. Better than Niagara Falls!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed March 31, 2010

My colleagues and I stayed at the Chesapeake Beach Hotel & Spa for a staff retreat and had a wonderful time. The staff at the hotel and restaurants were very nice and accommodating. The hotel rooms were nice and the tv's had a DVD player build in to them, and with a Blockbuster around the corner, it was great! The meeting space that we had reserved was cozy and had a lovely view of the water and it had a deck that wrapped around so that you could go outside and get a breath of fresh air. Oh, and the spa was fabulous too!

• Stayed December 2009, traveled on business
Maryland
Reviewed March 25, 2010

Let me start off by saying this has to be the best kept secret in Maryland! I live in Greenbelt and it took me about 40 minutes to get to this resort and could not believe that there is a beach this close to my home. My girlfriend found this spot and planned this trip for us because we did not know where to go for Independance day.

Well we get to this hotel and I just loved the fact that everything was right here on property! We arrived around 12pm so we were pretty early to check in since check in was 3pm but the front desk staff was awesome and told us that the room will be ready in about 20 minutes and said they would give us a call when it was inspected! Have to love the way that they triple check the rooms so it was well prepared for us like we were royalty.

So we grabbed a quick bite at Smokey Joe's well it was not that quick because I had to get the ribs and I must say the meat was just falling off the bones! I would say about ten minutes into our meal we get the call saying that our room was ready and it was only 12:15 so I guess you can say we were lucky to have an early check in. So we get to our room and the first thing I see because I am a guy is this huge 40 inch flat screen tv, but my girl was like look at this view and it was the most beautiful view I have ever seen! The view overlooked the bay and the room was very clean and pretty spacious as well.

After a while we went to eat at the Rod n Reel restaurant which is a seafood restaurant on property as well. I have to say the crab cakes were to die for and the staff there was all so pleasant. I also won a little cash at the slot machines that they have on property...not sure how they have them but they do! Then, as the night winded down the celebration was about to begin so got some pretty good seats on the boardwalk cafe. The celebration was magnificent and could not ask for anything more on July 3rd...they have their fireworks the day before.

I must say I had a blast at Chesapeake Beach Resort and Spa with the beautiful views, delicious food, and very pleasant staff! Oh I did not even mention the best part....so after the mini vacation we received our credit card bill and was expecting this huge bill for the stay but no it was so inexpensive that I even booked for the following year!

I highly recommend this place and would suggest this place for anyone that is staying in Maryland or who live in Maryland and need a quick get away...no need for Southwest if you "want to get away"!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with friends
Martinsburg, West Virginia
Reviewed October 19, 2009

We stayed here on Sat 10/17 for 1 night only. Had a wedding to attend in Upper Marlboro and the wedding party got us a 'block of rooms' at a slightly discounted rate.

We had a room with 2 double beds, no view. Room was clean & bathroom was updated/modern. Bath and Body works toiletries were provided which was very nice.

I can't comment on any of the hotel amenities since we checked in around 11pm and checked out at 11am the next morning.

The bed was comfortable and the bedding meet our needs. Flat screen TV was also nice.

I would stay here again if in the area, if the price was right. Had we not gotten a group/wedding discount, I think the price would be a little higher than we usually spend for one nights lodging.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
VA
Reviewed September 21, 2009

This was a surprise for my 45th Birthday. Once we arrived, the Valet was great. In the resort, there was an unannounced additional hold of 100$ on our credit card. The first room we were assigned was right above the Heating/Air equipment and faced the restaurants....No chance of a quiet evening. The scond room we were assigned was facing a private beach, so the view was better, but again, it was 1 floor above 8 airconditioning units..very noisy..The room decor was OK, and the rug in the bathroom appeared to be a bit dirty. We could hear all of the hallway traffic. No DVD or music equimpent in the room. My balcony chair broke too, but they did attempt to replace it immediatley. We would not go back for a romantic getaway, maybe to gamble or play BINGO because that foot traffic was ongoing night & day.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
McGaheysville, Virginia
Reviewed August 23, 2009

A last minute vacation to Baltimore end with my husband and myself along with our three boys driving to Chesapeake Beach to stay at the Hotel and Spa. We arrived at 10 a.m. with no reservation. There was availabilty, the staff was welcoming and friendly. They rushed a room for us and had us in by noon, when regular check in is 3 p.m. The room had a fantastic view and a balcony. The first thing I noticed was how clean and fresh the room was. Most hotel either smell of cleaner or other things that one does not want to smell. I am not exaggerating when I say this bay view room smelled like fresh flowers. It was large and roomy, the soaps and shampoos were from Bath and Bodyworks.

Although we could only stay one night it was a perfect end to a three day trip in Maryland. We enjoyed the Marina and the boys saw many crabs and jellyfish. There are three eating establishments on site along with a full service bar. We dined on Lobster and Fillet Minon for less than $100.

For the price, this Hotel is wonderful. I will go back again and would suggest anyone who is interested in a quiet getaway do the same!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chesapeake Beach
Inn at Perry Cabin by Belmond
The Inn at Chesapeake Bay Beach Club
St. Michaels Inn
St. Michaels Inn
#4 of 4 in St. Michaels
SpringHill Suites Prince Frederick
SpringHill Suites Prince Frederi...
#1 of 3 in Prince Frederick
Hilton Garden Inn Solomons
St. Michaels Harbour Inn Marina & Spa

Been to Chesapeake Beach Resort and Spa? Share your experiences!