“Relaxing”

Chesapeake Beach Resort and Spa
Atlantic City, New Jersey
“Relaxing”
Reviewed November 12, 2013

I always enjoy me stay at Chesapeake Beach Hotel & Spa. The price is right and the amenities are convenient. Being surrounded by hotels in Atlantic City and having stayed at many over the years, I would make these few suggestions: Would be nice if staff would acknowledge the guest when passing them in the hall with a smile and a "Hello" instead of looking straight ahead or putting their heads down to avoid eye contact. Also, the sheets on the bed were not of very good quality. I would suggest 100% cotton with at least 800 thread count - makes a big difference. I did e-mail a request with my reservation for a cot or sofa bed to be provided. Nothing was ever mentioned about it when I checked in. As it turned out, I didn't bring my grandson, so it wasn't needed, but would have been nice to have had my request acknowledged to know you received it and put it with my reservation, instead of ignoring it. Additionally, when I showed up to a nearly empty restaurant on Saturday morning and requested a table for six, I was told the large table was reserved, but that the party wouldn't be in for awhile so they would let me have it. Then, I was taken to a smaller table where an extra chair was placed to make six. The sun was directly in my face. When I asked if the shade could be drawn, the waitress said the sun would move and suggested I move to another chair - Huh? During our meal, the hostess nervously came over to the table and asked if my other party members would be joining me soon - bottom line, I felt rushed and as if I was causing a problem by having such a large party - I repeat - the restaurant was nearly empty. Also, the food was cold even though we arrived at 8:15 a.m. shortly after the restaurant opened for the buffet.
Employees need to learn to smile and be friendlier.

Room Tip: Ask for one of their larger room with a balcony with a waterview or you may find yourself in a small...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Louise H

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (214)
Jonestown, Pennsylvania
Reviewed November 5, 2013

Pampered feeling at this hotel. All the comfort and convenience of a cruise ship. I was pleased to know I didn't have to go very far to access my every need...within walking distance. Great breakfast buffet, easy simple breakfast off the menu. Dinner at both restaraunts was filling and good quality. Pool was great. View is of the bay. Next time, I may get the King suite for the jaccuzzi. There is a pool and sauna, but no hot tub. I'm used to cruise ships. I rate this a 9. Slots were poor, don't go for the gaming aspect. The hotel is all that matters. We went for a family wedding and were surprised that one of our group stayed at the Chesapeake one night and also at the Yacht club the second night but preferred our Chesapeake hotel without question. I tend to agree.

Room Tip: End of hall is good for sleeping-in due to elevator traffic. There is a noise curfew.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Washington, District of Columbia, United States
Reviewed November 5, 2013

This place is really nice... one of our favorite place to come my husband and I. We are making plans now to go back there we love the water, very nice atmosphere, nice place to come to relive stress and relax.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Surfside Beach, South Carolina
Reviewed October 31, 2013

We have stayed at the resort several times when visiting family in the area and have always had a great time. Pleasant staff, nice rooms, hot coffee, tea, etc. in lobby. The Rod and Reel restuarant next door has the best crab cakes and a wonderful breakfast buffet on weekends. Highly recommend .

Room Tip: Most rooms offer a view of the Chesapeake.
Lexington Park, Maryland
Reviewed October 30, 2013

I took my older sister and 84 year old mother to this resort. The service and personnel were wonderful. I took my mother to her first spa experience! She got a massage, facial, pedicure and manicure. She was over the moon and my sister and I enjoyed ourselves. We enjoyed the weekend breakfast and out dinner at Rod and Reel. The food was 5 star. We also enjoyed our breakfast at Smokey Joe's. The hotel room was spotless. We also watched the football game in the lounge in front of the fireplace. I will be back in November and will schedule another family trip in December. KUDOS to the entire staff for a professional, clean, and well price resort.

Room Tip: I like the rooms with a balcony....I love looking out at the water. When I as at the resort in Augu...
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed October 29, 2013

I have to say that the resort is beautiful and the workers are very nice and helpful. The rooms are clean and look just like any other small hotel chain. The food at the restaurant was good and priced well. If you like slots they got them but different. The only complaint I have are the prices for the rooms, they cost more then a luxurious room in DC or OC Maryland. If I had to choose I would go to Ocean City MD for two nights for the price we paid for one night. This was not a last minute reservation it was made 3 months in advance.

Room Tip: You can rent a house down the street for the same price or less and fit more people.
Agoura Hills, California
Reviewed October 23, 2013

I came here for a wedding from California. Loved the beautiful marina location with an on site restaurant and bar. There's a nearby park and walkway that takes you to the cliffs along the bay. Close proximity to DC and Annapolis. I stayed in room 411 which had a lovely view of the sun rising over bay each morning. If returning, I would probably request the room next door (413) which had a patio.

• Stayed October 2013
Executive Inn & Suites
Executive Inn & Suites
#3 of 3 in Upper Marlboro
Hilton Garden Inn Solomons

Been to Chesapeake Beach Resort and Spa? Share your experiences!