“Awesome Summer Concert Series”

Chesapeake Beach Resort and Spa
pa
“Awesome Summer Concert Series”
Reviewed August 16, 2013

My wife and I just returned to York, Pa. from our second visit this Summer to the Chesapeake Beach Resort and Spa. Our primary reason for making the 2 hour drive was to listen and dance to the various Beach Music bands that we've grown to enjoy while visiting North Myrtle Beach. If you like R&B music and/or you like to dance, Wed. evening on the dock at the Chesapeake Beach Resort is the place to be. It's just a great venue for a fun evening.Another plus is that we do not have to drive 9 hrs. to Myrtle Beach to hear the top Beach Music groups of the Carolinas.BTW.....there is no cover charge.

Accommodations.....could not be better
Price.....very reasonable
Service.....we found employees to be pleasant and willing to do anything to make your stay enjoyable.
Food...we had dinner on the deck around 6 while waiting for the band to begin at 7....a pound of lobster with green beans and potatoes for $18.99...how do you beat that? Again...our waitress could not have been more attentive all evening.

A special "Thank You" to Murphy...the gentleman who books the acts and works so hard during performances to make sure his customers have a good time.

We will most assuredly go back....this time with friends.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (205)
Reston, Virginia
Reviewed August 15, 2013

upon check-in was given a partial view room on second floor that had NO VIEW... reserved a balcony with full view.... had to go down to desk and request different room (received no apology) but new room was right.... mold on shower curtain.... and AC unit in room was way too loud even on low so got little sleep... other than that the stay was pleasant and relaxing

Room Tip: stay on fourth floor as sound travels from people walking around
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Lorin J, Marketing Coordinator at Chesapeake Beach Resort and Spa, responded to this review, August 26, 2013
We appreciate you taking the time to provide us with feedback about your recent stay with us. We apologize for the confusion at check with your room and that the staff was unapologetic. We have spoken to the front desk staff and management about this issue. We also apologize for the mold on the shower curtain and AC unit being too loud in the room. We have let the cleaning staff and maintenance know of these issues so that they can be corrected immediately. Again, thank you for your comments and we are happy to hear that besides a few problems your stay was pleasant and relaxing.
King George, Virginia
Reviewed August 15, 2013

A group of friends went there to hear Jim Quick play at Rock The Dock. A fabulous experience! The hotel/spa was great; clean, spacious, awesome views of the bay. We had a balcony overlooking the bay and stage. We also had dinner outside while waiting for the band. I had an awesome salad along with cup of crab soup, delicious! Every staff member I encountered was friendly. Now that I have discovered this little paradise in Maryland I cannot wait to go back!

Room Tip: You must have a balcony for the full experience of enjoying the outside. Nice wooden pub style tabl...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 14, 2013

My husband and I stayed for a log 3 day weekend to celebrate our anniversary. Although the room was large and spacious and we decided to get a balcony which overlooked the water, there were other aspects of the room which were not as nice. For one the mattress on the king size bed was no better then sleeping on the floor itself. We woke up each morning feeling sore and not well rested. The shower was another disappointment. There was no water pressure whatsoever...it was not luxurious and in fact was something I would expect at a campground. When one spends $200+ a night on a hotel room they expect the accommodations will be at least as good as their own home if not better. This was not the case at Chesapeake Resort. The only thing we did enjoy was our time at the spa!

• Stayed August 2013
Lorin J, Marketing Coordinator at Chesapeake Beach Resort and Spa, responded to this review, August 15, 2013
We appreciate you taking the time to leave us feedback about your recent stay with us. We are sorry that you did not find the bed to be comfortable, and we are currently in the process of changing all of the bedding in the resort. Also, we apologize that you were dissatisfied with the shower and water pressure in your room. We have let hotel management know about this issue in order to fix this. Again, thank you for your feedback.
Hurlock, Maryland, United States
Reviewed August 13, 2013

The staff was very helpful and friendly. I kept my boat in a slip at the hotel and the security was very efficient. The live music on Tuesday and Wednesday was Awesome. Bruce in the USA was the best cover band I have seen. The room was spacious and clean and the view from the balcony was beautiful. I would recommend to anyone without hesitation.

Room Tip: Get the balcony. Worth the extra money
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
We appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your recent experience at the resort. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and all of the amenities we have to offer. We strive to have the best staff here at the resort so we are glad that they were helpful, friendly and efficient during your stay. Thank you again for your kind review and we look forward to having you again.
Boardman, Ohio
Reviewed August 11, 2013

My husband and I stayed here with our 2 grandsons (ages 8 and 5) for 3 nights. From the time we got there to the time we left we were beyond satisfied. Everything is very clean and beautifully decorated. We had a wonderful view from our room (we stayed in a double waterfront), and the entire property was just wonderfully maintained. The restaurants on site were very good and family friendly. The staff was very friendly and helpful and made us all feel very welcome. My husband and I plan to visit again in the future and make use of the beautiful spa!

Room Tip: I do not think there is a bad room on the property...but since I favor the tranquility of the sound...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed August 10, 2013

Regretfully I was only there for one night but from the time I was offered complimentary valet to the time I left the hospitality was great. The view was very nice as I sat on the balcony. Breakfast really is very continental but not bad. I certainly would like to go back again.

Room Tip: I had a room near the roof air conditioners it can be a bit noisy.
Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chesapeake Beach
Inn at Perry Cabin by Belmond
The Inn at Chesapeake Bay Beach Club
St. Michaels Inn
St. Michaels Inn
#4 of 4 in St. Michaels
SpringHill Suites Prince Frederick
SpringHill Suites Prince Frederi...
#1 of 3 in Prince Frederick
Hilton Garden Inn Solomons
St. Michaels Harbour Inn Marina & Spa

Been to Chesapeake Beach Resort and Spa? Share your experiences!