“Not a clean family environment”
Review of Abner's Crab House

Abner's Crab House
Cuisines: Seafood
Description: This place was TERRIBLE. We were there on 5/2/10. There were 6 in our party. We ordered dinners of crab cakes, grilled chicken, bbq shrimp, a seafood platter, and crab balls/shrimp. The crab cakes were dry and had too much filling. The grilled chicken was over cooked and dry. The food all seemed to be either frozen or canned. The only highlight were the two salads that were ordered. The only thing worse than the food was the service. For parties of 6 or more they add a 20% gratuity. If they didn't, our waitress would have been lucky to get 10%. She was more interested in sitting at the bar! Bad food, horrible service and a $229 bill averaging out to $38 a person and we only had soda or tea to drink.....DON'T BOTHER WITH THIS PLACE
Reviewed July 8, 2012 via mobile

Service was horrible. We sat for over 20 minutes before being greeted by our server.

4  Thank VoteRep

Reviewed June 21, 2012

Food was cold, overcooked fried fare served by harried waitstaff that, to be fair, tried their best but were way overworked. Other members in the party ordered crabs and were satisfied with their quality, but gasped at the price. Try to stay away from the door to the deck if you fon't like second-hand smoke while you eat, since the clouds roll in every time the door is opened. They need to do a better job cleaning the place, including the flatware.

5  Thank AMysteriousTraveler
Reviewed May 29, 2012

Set outdoors on the side terrace with a nice view of the canal. People friendly service good.

Crabs were outstanding and price was very reasonable.

Reviewed April 23, 2012

The crabs were really good and the appetizers were delicious. The crabs were quite expensive and they did not have beer on tap when we were there so no pitchers of beer added to the cost as well. The servers were competent, attentive and worked together well to make sure you had whatever you needed.

This is a crab house and crab houses are not known for their decor but I really didn't like the ambiance. The dining area was painted a very bright orange color and is surrounded by slot machines. It all seemed a little bit too loud and bright to me. While the restaurant is on the water, I wouldn't say that the water view contributed much.

I had not dined at Abner's in the past so I can't really compare it to before their renovation. I would eat here again because the food and service was so good, but it was an odd dining experience that was a bit rough around the edges.

Reviewed January 4, 2012

When I was younger my family would always go to Abners for Crabs in the summer and walk on the dock, so many wonderful memories. Then I went there over the summer and it was horrible. Crabs were actually cold, some cooked dead that I had to send them back. On top of which now there are all these slot machines which are blaring over you while your eating, and people constantly in and out from smoking on the once beautiful deck. I don't know if its new management or what, but this place has sure gone down hill.

9  Thank MabandMilan