“The only choice, but not bad for what it is”

Charlotte Hall Motel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Charlotte Hall
Charlotte Hall Motel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Charlotte Hall
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“The only choice, but not bad for what it is”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2011

We pulled in here sort of late, rather than continue on to Lexington Park. It's an early '60s motel, one long wing with back to back rooms. The outside was pretty clean, fresh paint, red brick trim and old fashioned screen doors on the rooms. Our rate was $65 for two people, and while no bargain for this sort of place, it was perfectly alright.

The rooms are a decent size, and although cinderblock walls always strike me as rather grim, everything was clean. The decor was dated, but nothing was broken, stained, etc. The bathroom had the original tile and fixtures, which is always worth extra points in my book. The tub is an unusual step-down design I've only seen once before. It was sort of difficult to get the water between scalding and cold. Due to the location, there was a little bit of noise from cars using the drive through, but it was easy to drown it out with the a/c unit. There was no fridge or microwave, just a TV and a phone. The pool had closed for the season, but at 58 outside, we weren't going to use it anyway.

Room Tip: The further back you are, the quieter and darker it will be.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank roadtripperMaryland

Families
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Northern Virginia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2011

Ok, it ain't the Ritz BUT it supplies the basic needs and gets the job done. I spent one night at Charlotte Hall Motel and found it served my needs. The room had two fairly comfortable double beds with clean linens that showed a little wear. The room had a nightstand, lamp, dresser and TV along with two chairs, all in good repair but obviously inexpensive pieces that have sustained some wear. Bathroom linens were provided but were thin and small in size. If you're a woman needing an extra towel for hair drying or if there are two or more in your party, I'd recommend you bring a few towels along.

There is body soap but NO SHAMPOO so please remember to bring your own. The front office was clean and the staff was very friendly, advising us of activities in the area. The window unit AC worked well, which was a Godsend as it was high 90's the day I was there.

The motel is situated between a McDonald's and a Hardee's so there's no concerns about where or when to get morning coffee and breakfast. There are a few small restaurants in the area and a Rita's Ice Cream across the street and a few doors down - which I love but didn't get to visit. =(

The motel has a pool but it hadn't yet been opened for the season as it had to pass inspection by the local authorities. The pool was small but looked clean. There were no pool chairs.

Yeah, it's kinda' old but so am I so I've been in similar motels before. They were friendly - the room was cool - I slept well - I got a hot shower - I walked to coffee and breakfast. For $60., I think I got a good deal.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
5 Thank mtnlaurl
Morganza
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2010

It is fine ... basic "Motel 6" with soap, towels, and no shampoo. Lots of hot water plus cable ... no queen or king sized beds. Doors use key locks, so not very secure, but the neighborhood is fine, so I didn't worry. I saw a "free public wifi" broadcasting, but didn't try connecting ... I used my cell phone.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled solo
1 Thank tpg_sr
Virginia Beach, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 13, 2009

It was 65 a night and that included tax! No shampoo in the room, which was a bummer. It's an old hotel made of cinder blocks, but it didn't smell and it was clean. It's in between a BK and McDonalds. Walking distance to a flea market, BP and Arby's. Not bad for the price, but it's not fancy. I'd stay again!

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
6 Thank TrishKap
Bristol, CT
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 20, 2008

We had to stay in Charlotte Hall for a week in November (2008). We choose the charlotte Hall motel because it was the clostest to our destination. This Motel is VERY Old. BUT....If you need a place to sleep & Shower, the price is very reasonable. The building; decor, etc. is old. It appeas that there has not been any upgrades, but our room was clean and did not smell. The sheets were changed everyday, as the room was cleaned. The staff was very nice. If you are not looking for a 5 star, all modern hotel with amenities, then this place will do just fine.

5 Thank 80sfan
Courtyard Waldorf
#5 of 12 in Waldorf
Holiday Inn Express La Plata
SpringHill Suites Prince Frederick
SpringHill Suites Prince Frederi...
#1 of 3 in Prince Frederick
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Lexington Park-California

Been to Charlotte Hall Motel? Share your experiences!