Ramada Baltimore West
$68
Rodeway Inn(Elkridge)
$56
RodewayInn
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed May 21, 2011

Were at this hotel right now, I mean motel, I have never stayed in a place with the ironing board, hangers & ice tray in the bathroom, I'm in total shock, never again, hotwire needs to remove this place off of their website!!

• Stayed: May 2011
Reviewed December 19, 2010

The Pros:
Clean and Tidy Room
Furniture all looked newer (except tv)
It was 20 deg. outside but room was very toasty
Responsive thermostat on heater/ac unit
Great Pillows
Hot, Hot water
No noise from outside or neighbors (though to be fair don't think we had neighbors either)
Breakfast was Good (though mostly sugar and sweets with healthy option being bagels)
Convenient to anything you would need, walmart 1 block away, food options, shopping mall nearby
Neighborhood felt safe and secure
Clean sheets and bedding

The Cons:
An extra firm bed (actually left my shoulder aching for a few days - and I'm not an old man)
Water came from both showerhead and tub faucet at same time but at different temperatures
Since Bathtub didn't drain well my feet got very hot from tub faucet spurting scalding water while shower gave warm water
Really bad old tv set, muddled sound, blurry picture

Would I do it again? Probably not, but only because I don't know what I would do about the bed. Everything else can be overlooked but the bed is essential. Out of all the hotels I researched in this area it was really hard to find one with reviews that didn't scare ya half to death.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank Alwaysamused
Reviewed August 25, 2010

We stayed at this "hotel" because it was very close to the place we needed to be. Don't let the picture fool you, there is no lobby other than two small glass walkways, one leading to the check-in counter and the opposite door leading to a vending machine. You drive your car around to the door of the room you have booked. It is a motel that was slightly converted and has the Ramada name attached to it. The name Ramada suggests a nice place to stay, but this was seedy from the start.

Although it is not in the shadiest part of town, it is not in the greatest looking area, either. There is a major highway leading into the city itself running outside of the hotel, but don't be fooled, there are plenty of sketchy characters who appear as though they are engaged in somewhat questionable activities mulling about in the area.

Although the room appeared clean, the toilet looked to have what appeared to be drops of urine on the toilet seat although the bathroom smelled like bleach. We chose a non-smoking room, but the smell of smoke through the vent wafted in throughout the night. The cleaning staff spoke very little English, and although we tried very hard to be sympathetic, we spent about five minutes talking with the cleaning staff but not understanding or being able to communicate to each other. Finally, they left towels and moved on.

We spent one night and were so skeeved out and generally disappointed that we left the next morning after our meeting even though we were scheduled for two more nights.

Overall, the hotel left much to be desired. The uneasy feeling that we could not place that we had about the hotel is what caused us to find a Marriott and then shower until our skin peeled. DO NOT waste your money on this "hotel!"

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank IWantMyMTV
Reviewed August 12, 2010

I traveled with my husband, teen daughter, 2 younger sons, and my mother. .We chose the hotel because it was in our price range and close to Baltimore city. My kids had a great time in the pool. The rooms were impeccably clean. We were there 3 days, and had maid service, clean towels and linens, and the continental breakfast each day. The staff was courteous and very helpful. I definitely will stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank katnkradle
Reviewed July 31, 2010

At first glance we were unsure of this hotel, but the town was sold out so we took what we could get. this hotel is much different from many other small economy hotels. We were pleasantly surprised to find our rooms clean and comfortable. The Carpet, linen, beds, sheets, furniture, bath sink all looked, felt, smelled fresh and new! for a little road side hotel are hotel experience was totally satisfactory!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family