“Good food Great Crabs”

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Columbia MD
“Good food Great Crabs”
Reviewed August 14, 2013

My uncle and his family were in town in April and wanted crabs - a lot of places did not have them yet, Ship's Cafe did. We went there with the whole crew and had a great night. Officially they had only mediums and smalls but when we got there the waitress told us they had just received some jumbos so we took them. The crabs along with all of their oyster specials were great!. Watiress was very nice and helpful to the kids who were with us and did not want crabs. She got them fries, child-friendly drinks, and some crayons. Loved the crabs - -this has become our new go-to place.

• Visited April 2013

Baltimore, Maryland, United States
“poor customer service from the OWNER!!!!”
Reviewed June 28, 2013

THE WORST DINING EXPERIENCE EVER......in 5yrs family and I have supported this establishment but tonight I had a bad run in with the owner....WOW!!! I was humilatated, yelled at, and accused of causing what almost turned into a bar fight if I didnt walk out......ALL I WANTED TO DO IS WASH THE CRAB SEASONING OFF MY HANDS.....mind you I never ate nor used the rest room on the main floor where the bar is and because I went the way I knew to go to wash my hands (which is a very big mistake) I got called out like a kid or a bumb that wanted to commit a crime....what happened to your customer service??? I spend alot of money in this establishment but the way the owner and the nieborhood drunk treated me I WILL NOT SPEND ANOTHER RED CENT WITH SHIP CAFE.....I dont wanna feel like I'm tolerated because Im spending money.....I wanna feel appreciated for my business even when I make a mistake in your resturant....Suggestion: loose the do's n dont's for customers on the back of your menu and start treating the hands that feed your family with a whole lot more kindness....YOU NEVER KNOW WHO YOUR DISRESPECTING.....SHAME ON YOU SHIPS CAFE OWNERS

• Visited June 2013
5 Thank Godsbestmiracle W
“Not customer friendly.”
Reviewed June 28, 2013

Make sure you read the "rules of the restaurant" on the back of the menu before deciding to order food. If you have a issue about how your food or drink was prepared you will still be responsible for payment no matter if you dont like the taste. If the crabs are light with no meat in them they no longer replace them with the appropriate size that you paid for which isn't in the "rules of the restaurant". They also charge a gratuity to your meal now. Thier attitude is that you can take your business elsewhere and i will.

• Visited June 2013
4 Thank bigal410
Baltimore
“Go-To Place For Crabs”
Reviewed December 18, 2012

Owners couldn't be nicer, and the amount of money and hard work that they have put into this former dive-dive bar is unbelievable. Without reservation, the crabs are off-the-chart good, but so is MOST of the rest of them menu. Soups? Really, really good. Sandwiches, excellent. Service is ALWAYS good, and if you just want to cool your heels, and have a drink on the bar side, that's run too. Great community involvement, and a wonderful place to go. Ship's kind of "started" the "renaissance" of new restaurants in downtown Catonsville. And Ship's is still one of the BEST

Visited October 2012
1 Thank rrdude
Catonsville, Maryland, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good enough”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

There are lukewarm murmurings about the service there, but we had a seasoned experienced server who was fantastic. Good enough food. Kids liked it. We didn't get the crabs, but they looked big. They were caked with seasoning, though. Couldn't see the crab for all the seasoning on it. The problem is, when you walk in, the staff at the hostess area give a "you're bothering me" vibe and even though there are empty tables and plenty of wait staff standing around, we still had to wait. Weird.

Visited October 2012