“Definitely not fresh lemon curd.” 2 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Takeout
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Takeout
Baltimore, Maryland
“Definitely not fresh lemon curd.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2013

Last night I picked up a lemon mousse cake. We were really looking forward to eating it after dinner. Such a disappointment. The frosting, described as fresh lemon curd, was tasteless with the consistency of shortening. The yellow cake and lemon mousse filling were just ok. I have 1/2 the cake left and nobody will touch it. I wish I had read the other reviews before spending the money. On a better note, the customer service was very nice - both on the phone when I placed the order and when I picked it up. I'm just not sure that would trust another cake. Even if a slice from the retail store was delicious, can I trust that a full cake will be the same?

Visited November 2013
1 Thank Nancy60811

Baltimore, Maryland
“Dont ever go here”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2013

Worst customer service. You will feel disgusted by their treatment. They are just blunt. Dont get mistreated.

Visited October 2013
2 Thank Anitha N
Baltimore
“Worst service, Waste of time”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2013

I had to go 3 times to order a cake since they don't accept cakes with 7 days of a needed date. Next time I planned 1 week ahead but they said they are not able to take order due to "overwhelming" orders. Finally I ordered the 3rd time by going 8 days ahead and I went to pickup today. Since it was Friday the traffic was so bad, I reached their store at 6.01 pm. The person in the store said that they close at 6.00 pm and rejected to deliver my cake. They are not even considerate for 1 min delay. My wifes bidthday party is ruined due to the attitude of these bakers. They believe that it is a privilege to eat their cake. I am not going to these guys once again.

• Visited October 2013
2 Thank Lakshmi V
Catonsville, Maryland
“Stay out of your kitchen - Let them bake!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2013

The cakes and pies from Sugarbakers are divine. Just purchased a peach pie. OMG. The pumpkin cheesecake at Thanksgiving time is a work of art. They have a case with cakes, pies, tarts and cookies - pick something up on the way home. Yummy place!

Visited July 2013
2 Thank treeharp
United States
“HIGHLY OVERRATED”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2013

I'm so frustrated with SB and the follow up of resolving my problem. It took an acting manager 4 days to respond to my complaint. My event was Sat March 16, 2013 and I received a resoluction call back today Wed March 20,2013. The acting mgr was very apologetic and issued a partial refund. Besides the delivery time, my biggest complaint was my cake fell apart right out the box. My cupcakes were shuffled during travel. The butter cream icing was not very tasteful. I specifically asked for the sweet butter cream, but it tasted like a bland colored mixture. The cake and cupcake was moist but not very tasteful. The decoration and detail of both the cake and cupcake are exactly what I wanted and expected. For the price I paid for my customize cake and cupcake, I expected the taste to be just as good as the decorations. They don't have to worry about me again.

• Visited March 2013