“Ummm its a maybe!”

Dining options: Reservations
Stafford, Virginia, United States
“Ummm its a maybe!”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

I purchased a groupon, and made an online reservation through open table. When I arrived they took me straight back. We are a couple on a date. There are several room we could have been sat in, we however were sat in a very tiny dining room, with three screaming kids. I have a two year old, I understand kids, but these kids were running wild for most of our meal. The wait staff didn't seem to care. The food was very good. My husband had beef tenderloin, and I had the crab cakes. I had a fuzzy naval drink, it was ok. Our waitress was strung out on some sort of drugs, If not she was just a plain moron. She asked us if we wanted to hear the specials, we said yes. Well she could not pronounce ANYTHING on the specials list, so we had a hard time figuring out if we wanted it or not. Finally she mentions a crab cake, mussels, and stuffed shrimp. I asked if I could sub the mussels for shrimp. She said " there aren't any mussels in it, just crab, shrimp and mussels, but no mussels." By the look of her eyes she was clearly on something. The ending went on about the same with this waitress. The building smelled, and it was raining. They had not turn the heat on. Not exactly where I would go for a romantic meal, and the no longer have the bacon wrapped filet no longer is on the menu!! While we were there we heard five other groupon customers come in, I have to wonder if this is the only way they can get customers.

• Visited October 2013

Sykesville, Maryland
“Rude, judgemental, overpriced, and out dated.”
Reviewed August 31, 2013

I bought a Groupon worth $50, excited to dress up and go to a nicer, charming restaurant. Instead of enjoying a special moment in a romantic settimg, we were not given the opportunity to order off the early dinner menu even though we arrived 30 minutes before the early dinner specials ended and were seated near the corner of a back room with a missing light bulb and 2 other Groupon couples. The food nor atmosphere was not worth the price. Instead of being charming and historic, it was just out dated. Save your money for somewhere more welcoming and romantic.

• Visited July 2013
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Could be a great place”
Reviewed August 25, 2013

This could be a great place as it is in an old house that has been turned into a restaurant. Although my filet mignon was very good, everything else was marginal. The menu could use revamping. The dessert I didn't even eat and who doesn't dessert? This place was kind of
disappointing we won't be back.

• Visited August 2013
Beijing, Beijing, China
“Classic Setting Updated Cuisine”
Reviewed August 19, 2013

Every town has one - that restaurant that time forgot. The sort of place where people with teased hair go to have a scotch on the rocks and a good steak. The setting is an old Victorian home, usually. Well, you can have that sort of fare at the Candle Light Inn but they have updated their menu. While they are still not exactly cutting edge you can get such dishes as monkfish with fingerling potatoes or blackened Mahi Mahi. My dining companion had the aforementioned monkfish and a lovely piece of tender white fish it was. We both started with silky scallops over fresh corn that had been pan fried with bacon. Yum. I selected the tenderloin over blue cheese mashed potatoes. The pan reduction tasted wine-y and there were caramelized whole mini onions on the side. I think blue cheese will be making a guest appearance the next time I mash a potato. The drink menu had some lovely martinis and a selection of manhattans. The only beer is in the bottle so we opted for a very reasonably priced cava instead. They were out of our first choice for dessert (peach crumble with vanilla ice cream) so we went for the vanilla bean cheesecake and a bourbon bread pudding. They did not disappoint. Ask to be seated on the patio when the weather is fine or go cozy with interior seating in this lovely old house. Service was very attentive but they should use a tray to carry drinks to the table. Warm rolls were adequate but could be kicked up a notch in quality and variety to accompany the chef's creations. We would go back.

• Visited August 2013
RALEIGH
“Great place for a party”
Reviewed July 26, 2013

Private birthday party, 18 people, buffet meal. Private room just the right size, nicely decorated. Servers very attentive, helped with cake (brought in from a bakery) and candles. Food was excellent, especially crab dip and salmon. Would definitely have another party here.

• Visited July 2013