“Not worth it”

Candle Light Inn
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed November 4, 2011

We went to the Candlelight Inn on a Sunday evening for our anniversary, expecting great things. Instead we got mediocre food and service for not-so-mediocre prices. Our waitress was slow moving and unable to remember all of the specials. The food was okay at best and the two crabcakes were probably the diameter of a silver dollar and not too flavorful. When waitstaff knocked over a water glass on our table, we were handed some cloth napkins and no one bothered to help or pick up the ice. We overheard our waitress arguing with customers unnecessarily as she defended a charge on their bill. Overall a disappointing experience that, outside of some delicious French onion soup, did not meet expectations. Spend your money elsewhere.

Reviewed October 24, 2011

I went to the Baltimore area on business and wanted a quiet, cozy restaurant to catch up with an old friend I hadn't seen in a year. This restaurant got good ratings, so we traveled the 20 minutes to get there and I'm glad we did. We got there before 6pm and were able to order off the early bird specials. I got the tenderloin strips (tender and juicy) with rice and vegetables and my friend got the trout. We each had a glass of wine to accompany the meal. The special came with a choice of appetizer and I got the spinach salad which was fresh and delicious.We were in a small room with 4 tables and could talk effortlessly while we ate our tasty meals. Coffee and dessert was also included and we had the carmel bread pudding, which was to die for. Scrumptious, but light. I highly recommend the early special as the entire meal, with drinks included, came to under $60. When in the area again, I'll be back!

Reviewed October 22, 2011

Excellent food. Our 3rd time there. We arrived by 6 and enjoyed the early bird special. I had the flounder w/ crab cake, French onion soup and cheesecake. Margaret waited on us and was GREAT! The cheesecake was not the best But overall meal gets an A. Exterior of restaurant could use attention...

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed July 11, 2008

Loved it, food was great, service was good, Crabcakes-Awesome! Everyone was happy, including my grandmother, and she is hard to please!!

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed July 3, 2008

I've eaten here twice (why did I go back???) due to work functions. On one occasion their chicken sandwich made me nauseous due to the fact that the chicken breast was not fully cooked - it was still pink in the center. The other time the food was eatable but not good by any means.

1  Thank rocktopotomus